HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:36 PM

Masonville Transit Village

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:03 PM

All 3 scenarios seem a bit crowded for the area. The traffic is bad as it is, I can not imagine what it would be after these are all done. The public schools will be crowded too with more people moving in the neighbourhood. It will become a mini downtown for the North, is this a good thing for sprawling?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupcheck View Post
All 3 scenarios seem a bit crowded for the area. The traffic is bad as it is, I can not imagine what it would be after these are all done. The public schools will be crowded too with more people moving in the neighbourhood. It will become a mini downtown for the North, is this a good thing for sprawling?
It will give the area better density for sure, which is a good thing for transit and not a good thing for the status quo (cars, cars, cars). I don't think it will be better to have the same amount of people living in a more spread out area. It costs more to sprawl and it's not sustainable.

A mini downtown for the north is not a bad thing, its what naturally happens when you have a desirable built up area. Looking forward to see how this moves ahead.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 9:44 PM

Ironic one of the first sentences mentions transit villages being connected by rapid transit, and this one being the first, won't have rapid transit. Also thought the diagram of approved and proposed developments was interesting. I didn't realize part of the Masonville mall property development included a building on the southeast part of the property, the section to the east of the Marshalls/Rec Room building. I knew about the south of there and the stretch along the west side of the property.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure