Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend
Thanks for the shots. Helps give the depth to things that is hard to guage from the contruction webcam. Also shows how tight this site is.
In particular the last shot shows how far down they are going to underpin the house to the west. Slow and delicate work here.
|
I'm never 100% sure how this works & what I'm looking at (re: underpinning), it often looks like it's constructed out of horizontal wood beams & I'm wondering if that's just a form? Is there concrete behind it & if not & it's buried as-is how does it not rot & give way, or is it just temporary while the adjacent construction is completed then becomes moot when the soil is compacted back down around it between the foundations? What I'm looking at in these photos looks like part concrete & part wood, a little different?