HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
4 story apartment building with ground floor restaurant planned for the the SE corner of Stone and 14th st (The old Casa Vicente lot).

I'll be psyched if it ends up looking like that.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:40 PM

Flash TV Apartments

Renovation of the old Flash TV building on 6th Ave south of 18th street. 52 Apartments and some retail/restaurant space in 3 different buildings with 1 new building just south of 19th st.

Bigger Image

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
I'll be psyched if it ends up looking like that.
Yeah, me too. They are proposing some vibrant colors as well:

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 4:10 PM

TIBO is active again, FYI.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
TIBO is active again, FYI.
Hooray!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:40 AM

Downtown Links update

According to https://www.downtownlinks.info/downt...tion-activity/

AZDT has selected a contractor for the long awaited and needed alternative route of Broadway and aviation to I-10. A joint venture of Granite and Borderlands Construction will be overseeing the project. Preliminary work has begun since the contract in July 2019 and is expected to lasted 8 months. The project is also expected to last 2 years barring any unexpected changes or cost.

I am personally happy to see this finally coming along. Congress street just gets so congested at peak hours and after sports games. With population and workforce expected to grow as well, I can only see this alternative route as a relief to those that just want to get on the highway or get to the westside without being stuck at the two stop lights right on Congress and 4th ave.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
According to https://www.downtownlinks.info/downt...tion-activity/

AZDT has selected a contractor for the long awaited and needed alternative route of Broadway and aviation to I-10. A joint venture of Granite and Borderlands Construction will be overseeing the project. Preliminary work has begun since the contract in July 2019 and is expected to lasted 8 months. The project is also expected to last 2 years barring any unexpected changes or cost.

I am personally happy to see this finally coming along. Congress street just gets so congested at peak hours and after sports games. With population and workforce expected to grow as well, I can only see this alternative route as a relief to those that just want to get on the highway or get to the westside without being stuck at the two stop lights right on Congress and 4th ave.
On a related note, the airport has an updated master plan and a significant focus is road access to the airport.

https://www.suncorridorinc.com/About...Blueprint.aspx

In the presentation of the plan, it's mentioned that Pima County has looked at extending Aviation Parkway south of I-10 on the same alignment as Alvernon, which would allow for a direct access road to the airport.

EDIT: Here's the proposed alignment:

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 1:38 AM

New Terminal and TIA entrance

I though the last TIA master plan I saw had extensions to the two existing terminals. The video (SunCorridor link in above post) mentioned a new terminal and TIA entrance off Country Club.

Are there any details on this plan? Would this be a replacement, or a pre-security entrance with the existing building staying in uses for gates?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
I though the last TIA master plan I saw had extensions to the two existing terminals. The video (SunCorridor link in above post) mentioned a new terminal and TIA entrance off Country Club.

Are there any details on this plan? Would this be a replacement, or a pre-security entrance with the existing building staying in uses for gates?
This would be a separate building altogether to the east of the existing terminal. The plan designated space for cargo warehouses which could be demolished in the event a new terminal becomes necessary. I don’t have the plan in front of me, but I believe the area is colored pink in the map that shows the various land uses within the plan.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 6:06 PM

deleted

Last edited by omarainza; Sep 18, 2019 at 6:07 PM. Reason: wrong info

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 8:56 PM

Preliminary design concept for the project on the southeast corner of Euclid and Speedway. No more weird cantilevered design over the dumpy houses.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 6:59 PM

The developers of the Main Gate Residence Inn have applied for a permit for the foundation and superstructure.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 3:34 PM

Rio Nuevo just recently posted the minutes from their August meeting. Since we're not getting good/any media coverage of their meetings, reading through these is pretty much the only way to stay updated (as much as possible) on most projects funded by Rio Nuevo.

Anyway, the story on 75 E Broadway is that one of party's financing JE Dunn's development of the project ended up not being able to commit funding. As a result, Ron Schwabe and Marcel Dabdoub offered to buy out JE Dunn but needed an extension of Rio Nuevo's development deadline to get financing in place. They were then supposed to report back to Rio Nuevo at the September meeting. Who knows what happened then?

Interestingly, Marcel Dabdoub indicated that they were close to signing leases with Learning A-Z, which is evidently a Tucson-based curriculum development company with between 201 and 500 employees, for office space and CVS for ground floor retail space.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 12:43 AM

Northwest Hospital has closed on their purchase of land at Houghton & Old Spanish Trail for construction of their newest hospital and hope to have it opened in early 2021.

Northwest Healthcare closes on Eastside Tucson Hospital Site for $7.042 Million

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 8:04 PM

Couple things:

- There is construction fencing around the Baffert project at 5 Points. Looks like that project is moving forward
- The small triangle lot with the "Ugly But Honest" sign had a permit issued for bathroom upgrades only. The plans state the project's name is "The Point". So maybe some restaurant/bar/coffee thing soon.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
Couple things:

- There is construction fencing around the Baffert project at 5 Points. Looks like that project is moving forward
- The small triangle lot with the "Ugly But Honest" sign had a permit issued for bathroom upgrades only. The plans state the project's name is "The Point". So maybe some restaurant/bar/coffee thing soon.
Yeah, the triangle lot is tied into the Baffert project. It'll be their sales office and an art gallery, IIRC.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 3:32 PM

Kino Sports Complex

Pima County Facebook posted some photos of the new fields at Kino Sports Complex. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...34236246709165

This is the first phase which includes multi-use fields , picket ball courts, lockers, and concessions which should be open by Jan 1, 2020. Complete outcome of the project potentially includes retail, hotel, a 10,000 seat stadium.
Apparently some events have already been scheduled for the Spring.

https://news.azpm.org/p/news-article...nal-attention/

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 7:48 PM

Progress on Ronstadt. I am not as optimistic as the article, but it is good to hear that the development is still moving forward

Plan for Ronstadt Transit Center ready for public scrutiny

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 5:35 PM

Rio Nuevo just posted their agenda for their meeting tomorrow. The Bautista apartments over near the Mercado are on the agenda.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 4:12 AM

75 Broadway, urban apartment rates

With its equity partners changing hands, it now looks like there will be some residential in the 75 Broadway project. According to Peach Properties' website, the building is now up to 14 stories with floors 12-14 featuring 80 studio apartments, floors 8-11 for 120k s.f. of commercial office (one less floor than before), with the lower floors of parking and retail/restaurant staying the same.

As a side note, we don't know what the pricing will be for 75 Broadway, RendezVous, The Flin or The Monier, but if they're anything close to what OLIV at Main Gate is asking for their rental units, Tucson will be seeing some big city prices for these urban apartments. OLIV is already pre-leasing, and asking anywhere from $2.60 - 5.15/s.f., ranging from "Murphy" studios to 4BR. (For comparative purposes, The Trademark, a newly opened 7-story apartment complex in downtown LA, is asking about $3.30 - 4.50/s.f., with studios to 3BR.)

I'm guessing Schwabe and Dabdoub want all studios in 75 Broadway in order to maximize income, since small units command the highest rate/s.f. However, it will be interesting to see how quickly units at these higher price points rent out in Tucson, as this type of product is still rather untested here. (With OLIV, a majority of their units have a bathroom for each bedroom, so perhaps they could be converted to student housing if they don't otherwise get rented, which is often more lucrative.)

https://peachprops.com/project/75-broadway/

http://https://olivtucson.com/

http://trademarkdtla.com/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest