Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie
Let's hope!
The growth encountered in the last few years may have been some catching up but I think we all realised those very high growth rates wouldn't last indefinitely. Each year with the denominator growing that much higher, the ability to maintain those high growths would have meant adding even more capacity year on year than in previous years. Aggregate numbers still going up but % wise harder to achieve. And comparing to SEA, which economically is just going sky high, YVR is still adding more intl passengers than SEA.
Nice to see WESTJET adding to its YVR "hub." All up looks like 8 extra flights per week this winter of which 7 are international.
Still good to see Westjet continuing to build their mainline ops at YVR.
|
I didn't expect the rapid growth to continue infinitely, but I did expect it's drop would come in tandem with an economic slowdown, not during continued economic growth, which to me does not make any sense.
I really do hope the A220 allows Air Canada to address some of the routes that really need some additional service/any service at all. Boston/Halifax/Austin/Quebec/Dulles/Miami/Secondary Mexican Cities all come to mind.
And yes, happy to see WestJet throw a little something at YVR, though it is still pretty paltry service and most certainly no where near a hub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nname
If you exclude Encore, seasonal extension, and 787 upgauge, YVR actually gained the same or more mainline service from WS than YYC and YYZ 
|
haha, right. If you don't count most of the other additions we have a similar number of additions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen
Which 7 new Westjet routes are international, please? I would imagine they're pretty much all in Mexico, possibly the Caribbean. ( Or does that include transborder?)  Thanks.
(btw, I did consult the westjet link a few posts above, and found only 6 from YVR, one to Winnipeg, one transborder, the rest - 4 - in the list to Mexico.)
no comprendo.
|
No one said there were 7 new routes, just new flights.
Count up the incremental flights in brackets below:
Quote:
Additions to YVR Include:
YWG: 2 daily (+1/week)
SNA: Daily (+1/week)
SJD: Daily (+2/week)
PVR: 9 weekly (+1/week)
HUX: 2 weekly (+1/week)
CUN: 9 weekly (+2/week)
|
I think you'll find it totals 8...