Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan
Somehow I missed the memo that the Burnside Delta ditched the red paneling for a lot of gray. Kinda disappointed.
|
Funny that you would bring this up. A year or so ago, I chatted with Don Vallaster on NW Couch near his new building on NW 9th across from Pearl Bakery. At that time he was on the Design Commission (maybe he still is...), so I complained that the Commission was approving too many charcoal gray buildings, which of course describes his NW 9th & Couch building.....dark gray with some orange touches to break up the depressing effect. Vallaster simply responded that it was a current trend which he was disinclined to discourage. Only Design Commission member Tad Savinar was resisting the charcoal gray trend.
So now you report that Vallaster's Burnside Delta has ended up the same! We should cry Basta! and urge designers to select materials that brighten our dark winter days.