Not sure why they have the steel inserts at the corners of the protruding boxes.
Probably just to lighten the loads and presumably they'll be covered with cladding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Of Rain, post: 1446913, member: 70034
I don't have any pictures, but I recently noticed that they have began installing the supporting frame structure for the feature corner display screen thingie for this project.
I didn't think that would make it into the final execution but it seems like they're going through with it.
I can't wait to see it all done and working.
Probably a couple more months to go.
Yeah, I noticed the same when walking by on Friday. The frame structure is going to be HUGE and makes me wonder what kind of display is going there? Is it really going to be an actual LED display, as in the pictures it looks like the size of something you would find on Times Square...
Features like this always have the potential to either be super-tacky and kitsch on the one hand or alternatively to be eye-catching showstoppers on the other.
And presentation renders always have a tendency to oversell things, so we can only really judge it once its complete.
It all depends on the degree of cost and quality of finish that Rize put into it.
And I suppose it also depends on what they do end up displaying on it whether it's some commercial ads-like displays or some motion-art features.
So it could either be Time Square (not in a good way) or digital Northern lights.
For the screen I would like it if it displayed something neutral rather than something specific, like the goldfish in the render. These two renders have a nice screen:
They have been installing a lot of balcony railing on both tower, but no glass yet. Based on the rendering, some but not all of the balcony glass will be gold-tinted. Interesting to see how it compliments rest of the tower.