Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus
You must be an investor with money to burn and housing costs are of no issue to you.
That it your head is also stuck in the sand an unable to comprehend the reality that housing prices in the lower mainland are not affordable for most Canadians.
|
No I just remember when housing prices were low and the economy was 🞵🞵🞵🞵 and everyone was desperate for a job. I remember my dad delivering newspapers for a living because he couldn’t find a job. I remember eating beans for every meal and going to the food bank. I remember why the NDP lost basically every seat across the province and has not received a majority of the vote in over 15 years. You were obviously a lot more blessed than me or you’d remember this time too. So congrats you tried to paint me as the rich entitled 🞵🞵🞵, but you obviously are or you’d remember what a bad economy is like.
I don’t need to buy a house. But I need a job. The same goes for everyone.
And I also understand that all the construction costs in Vancouver along with the development fees mean that housing costs more to build than most can afford. I recognize that housing will never be cheap enough to satisfy people unless the economy collapses. My head is out of the sand, but yours is at the bottom of a well. All you do is focus on the price of housing like an insane person. Well the sky is vast and there’s more to life than owning a house. Everyone here is well fed, everyone can afford the rent, there’s jobs for everyone and employers are desperate for workers. People can afford iPhones, vacations, and beer. Life is good and a cheap house is the not worth sacrificing that. Canada and Vancouver have double the ownership rates of many major nations and I’d say we’re way too obsessed over it. If there’s less homeowners so be it life goes on.