Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan
Living on that north side facing EPCOR would not be ideal. Maybe they will push the elevator cores, stairwell and any service rooms etc. to that side.
|
I agree, that area of downtown is not exactly a desirable area and rife with serious issues, but I hope they don't try to mitigate those issues by designing the building to wall off the development from the north side. That would be incredibly short sighted.
Seems like a bit of a race right now to see who can get their development going in the tailing end of a construction cycle, slumping condo sales and falling values. I think most of the institutional buyers looking for big rental projects have bought what they were looking for or have backed away from the Edmonton market. I have to think a lot if not most of these tower proposals are going through the motions in preparation for the next cycle down the road.