HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:43 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, topic just came up in conversation this week! The contractor has been selected (Clark Construction) and key trade packages have been awarded. We will see construction commence on this in Q4 of this year.
thanks for the update!

good to hear that things are rolling along as scheduled.

and from everything we've been told thus far, salesforce is slated to start in Q1 2020, so we could see two major office tower starts within several months of each other.

Last edited by Steely Dan; May 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 3:42 PM

Does Q4 of '19 mean the start of construction actual, or start of demo of the parking garage? Have they announced when the garage closes?

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Riverside picking Clark for a Goettsch-designed building? This is shocking news!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A true banker's wet dream!

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Does Q4 of '19 mean the start of construction actual, or start of demo of the parking garage? Have they announced when the garage closes?
I'd expect demo by August/September as I see it, since Clark wouldn't be the demo team. If they are saying Q4 for construction then I'm gonna be an optimist here.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, topic just came up in conversation this week! The contractor has been selected (Clark Construction) and key trade packages have been awarded. We will see construction commence on this in Q4 of this year.
Excellent News!

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
thanks for the update!

good to hear that things are rolling along as scheduled.

and from everything we've been told thus far, salesforce is slated to start in Q1 2020, so we could see two major office tower starts within several months of each other.
Yes just like 150 riverside and 444w lake! except taller

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Demo of garage supposed to start 10/1

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantlyMidway View Post
Demo of garage supposed to start 10/1
There's a delicious Indian/Pakistani restaurant in this garage that has announced a move to Randolph street, so that bums me out. But at least we get a nice tower out of it, so it's not all bad.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
There's a delicious Indian/Pakistani restaurant in this garage that has announced a move to Randolph street, so that bums me out. But at least we get a nice tower out of it, so it's not all bad.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that frequents Baba's Village. Where on Randolph are they moving? I really like their Chicken Biryani, but I digress ...

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap_Shot View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that frequents Baba's Village. Where on Randolph are they moving? I really like their Chicken Biryani, but I digress ...
I believe 100 W Randolph was the new address. They have the announcement taped up on their wall.

I wonder if they'll have more customers farther north in the Loop than they would if they could capture some of the huge influx of employees due to move into the Old Post Office right next door ...

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
I believe 100 W Randolph was the new address. They have the announcement taped up on their wall.

I wonder if they'll have more customers farther north in the Loop than they would if they could capture some of the huge influx of employees due to move into the Old Post Office right next door ...
So Thompson Center? And if that gets torn down, they'll move again?

I think there's more residents near Thompson Center than Union Station, but I could be wrong. I hope it stays open somewhat late still on Friday's. I enjoy doing the occasional Friday afternoon/evening happy hour and then running over there for some take out.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 6:13 PM

It's probably been said before, but this building is going to stand out a lot in this area. I work within 2 blocks of the site, and everything surrounding it is 15-30 stories tall. In the greater context of Chicago it might not make for a big splash, but in this southwest Loop area, it'll stick out big time.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:13 AM

Definitely from this angle. It will be the western egde of the towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 6:33 AM

Can anyone plug in a drawing in that picture for an idea of how it will look, position/height.^

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:01 PM

From that angle, I imagine it will be about the height of 330 LaSalle or 150 N and a very similar spot. Not super noticeable from there IMO.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:26 PM

^ The setback on Willis that is around the roof top height of the Franklin center is about ~850 ft and 111 s Wacker is ~680 so from this angle it will be between those two marks. (probably right in the middle)

There also isn't much visual noise from this angle, just a flat backdrop from Willis and some stone clad towers - the tower will be quite noticeable.

Last edited by jc5680; Jun 6, 2019 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5680 View Post
^ The setback on Willis that is around the roof top height of the Franklin center is about ~850 ft and 111 s Wacker is ~680 so from this angle it will be between those two marks. (probably right in the middle)

There also isn't much visual noise from this angle, just a flat backdrop from Willis and some stone clad towers - the tower will be quite noticeable.

I don't know... I feel that it'll appear to be the same roof height, if not taller than the Franklin center from there due to being well in the foreground.

Edit: maybe not upon further inspection via google maps, I guess it'll be more West than South than my mental map had imagined, so proximity to the highway won't be as dramatic a difference as I thought

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 12:12 PM
BANNED

Parking garage demo scheduled to begin 1st or 2nd week of October.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 3:11 PM

Has the website been posted?

http://unionstationtower.com/

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 4:56 PM
you know where I'll be

Hadn't noticed previously, but it looks as though Riverside is leasing out the penthouse level as an office space.......I'd assumed this was just an elevator penthouse, as is typical in most/all of the other downtown Buck/Goettsch and Riverside/Goettsch office towers.....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive