Cool.
Someone actually explained it on the other site instead of bolding things or calling people potential idiots or implying everything here is fluff.
Your wearing a hard hat ... I guess there is a reason.
it reminds me of one if those old windows 3.11 (?) screen savers with the never ending plumbing pipe being connected in random multi-coloured patterns cascading across your screen no purpose but amusement.
Finally had a chance to walk around the Milner in person:
- Front (north) is obviously the best/most interesting part of it. The grey zinc paneling is very dull. If I didn't already know I would have thought it's some sort of underlay waiting for the actual paneling.
- East and west sides are meh at best, the paneling on the east side is an absolute mess; warped throughout.
- The south side will faithfully continue the Milner's tradition of having a desolate, un-activated south side.
The only hope is that the streetscaping will be as good as what is currently being done for the LRT (which looks great).
Is anyone else bothered by the vinyl plastered over every single window on Enterprise Square along Jasper? I know it's been like this for a while but I cringe every time I go by there. It's awful and completely kills the streetscape for a full block. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume it violates a bylaw and I also assume they get away with it because it's the U of A.
Another one guilty of this is the Rexall a few blocks west on 108 st.
Further to my above comments, I really hope this doesn't happen in Ice District. The "history of the Oilers" vinyl all over Rogers is bad enough. One of the stupidest design fails of that building was putting the Oilers team gym at street level behind floor to ceiling windows instead of something like a team store or even just windows into the concourse.
no, you're not the only one who is "bothered" by those vinyl lifestyle images and slogans.
and, from my perspective, the city is to blame and needs to figure out some way to manage/enforce it better.
what's the point of architectural guidelines and edc reviews and overlays if all you need to do to get rid of your windows and storefront is to order some vinyl... if your permits required you to provide glazing then you should be obligated to maintain it as fully transparent.
That’s because everyone knows it’s never going to be built
i think they're referring to the existing above grade parkade incorporated in the mayfair on jasper building when it was first proposed, not "the stables".
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcantor
i think they're referring to the existing above grade parkade incorporated in the mayfair on jasper building when it was first proposed, not "the stables".
Job No 315563194-001
Description: To construct a 24 storey 178 Dwellings Apartment Housing with 6 levels underground parkade. (THE VIEW)
Location: 9922 - 111 STREET NW
Plan NB Blk 11 Lot 62
9918 - 111 STREET NW
Plan NB Blk 11 Lot 63
Applicant: WESTRICH PACIFIC
Status: Intake - Payment and More Info Requested
Create Date: 6/3/2019 10:19:20 AM