Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00
I really don't get Gatineau's thinking here. I get the Aylmer line. I don't get the Plateau line. It makes much more sense to me to spend that money converting the Rapibus corridor to a grade separated LRT (with a possible connection across the POW). Can't Plateau just be served with buses? Doesn't seem to me as a neighbourhood that really needs LRT.
Does Plateau have that much more ridership than the Rapibus corridor? And I get that they don't want to spend money after "just building" the Rapibus corridor. But at the point at which any conversion of the Rapibus would open it will have probably been at least two decades after the Rapibus first went into service.
|
The thing about the Rapibus is that for all the bitching about it and its low-tech character, it actually *works*.
Several members of my household have been using it for several years every single weekday and the service in the corridor is very dependable in terms of frequencies and time to get to destination.
My impression is that it's more reliable than the Transitway was, primarily because STO runs what are effectively "corridor-only" routes, whereas OC Transpo basically didn't have any Transitway routes (at least no main ones) that did not use Albert-Slater, where they were very vulnerable to traffic congestion.