HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #161  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 9:54 PM
StEC's Avatar
StEC StEC is offline
Burger Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 580
Feel free to click photos for full size. I took these today around 5:30pm they are currently working on getting the (crane boom? sorry I don't know my crane terminology) that is sitting on the road hooked up to raise to the top of the crane!




__________________
Living in and loving Hamilton since Jan. 2014!
Follow me on Instagram & Threads where I feature the beauty of Hamilton, Niagara & Toronto!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #162  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2019, 7:39 PM
ScreamingViking's Avatar
ScreamingViking ScreamingViking is offline
Ham-burgher
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 7,493
Cranes!... more cranes!!!...

It's amazing how so many proposals sit in limbo, yet DV just plows onward. And this was a guy who used to be criticized for sitting on his land too long.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #163  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2019, 8:20 PM
king10 king10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,776
He knows dc exemptions and property tax abatement programs will become a thing of the past so hes building and collecting millions of exemptions before its too late.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #164  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 6:29 PM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Content removed
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #165  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 6:43 PM
anactualalien anactualalien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 156
Can't wait for Landmark to get a little bro.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #166  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 7:17 PM
SteelTown's Avatar
SteelTown SteelTown is offline
It's Hammer Time
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 20,395
Yes, if we can't get something taller than Landmark, than cover her up.

I've always imaged Landmark as an old lady going to the casino with a cigarette hanging off their lips while they keep spinning.

Oh I found her, she's the human personification of Landmark lol

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/magazine/mike-sokolove-foxwood-casinos.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #167  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 8:41 PM
King&James's Avatar
King&James King&James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 1,321
^^^ Hilarious. I'm good with surrounding it with others to cover it up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #168  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 9:53 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
I have always liked Landmark...I don't know of any buildings that look like it, and it was kinda a symbol of a past construction boom in the Hammer...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #169  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 10:10 PM
TheRitsman TheRitsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis137 View Post
I have always liked Landmark...I don't know of any buildings that look like it, and it was kinda a symbol of a past construction boom in the Hammer...
I don't hate it either, just needs a paint job
__________________
Hamilton Downtown. Huge tabletop skyline fan. Typically viewing the city from the street, not a helicopter. Cycling, transit and active transportation advocate 🚲🚍🚋

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3kIXnr9MISIZNGfD4A&s=09
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #170  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 10:41 PM
ChildishGavino's Avatar
ChildishGavino ChildishGavino is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 227
Landmark Place needs some love... and a bath, too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #171  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 1:18 AM
king10 king10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,776
Are they in the midst of resealing the concrete at landmark? The top half has no visible cracks while the bottom half is full of them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #172  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 1:32 AM
lachlanholmes's Avatar
lachlanholmes lachlanholmes is offline
Forever forward.
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 878
I have two sets of images here, so pay attention

First group of pics, pre-crane installation, all taken on Monday April 8th, so a tad outdated:















And far pics from around 5 pm today, taken at the back of the GO centre:





I hope to get some more pictures tomorrow closer to around 4 or 5 pm.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #173  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 2:16 AM
lachlanholmes's Avatar
lachlanholmes lachlanholmes is offline
Forever forward.
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 878
This afternoon, up close:

















Reply With Quote
     
     
  #174  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 2:23 PM
realcity's Avatar
realcity realcity is offline
Bruatalism gets no respec
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamsville NY
Posts: 4,059
^ thanks. this will look great there.
__________________
Height restrictions and Set-backs are for Nimbys and the suburbs.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #175  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 4:42 PM
LRTfan LRTfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 773
is that a base for a 2nd crane??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #176  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 10:30 PM
StEC's Avatar
StEC StEC is offline
Burger Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
is that a base for a 2nd crane??
I'm also wondering why it's on site? Did they forget a piece when installing the crane? This is not one of those types of cranes that builds itself to make it taller as the building height rises at least I don't think it is? lol
__________________
Living in and loving Hamilton since Jan. 2014!
Follow me on Instagram & Threads where I feature the beauty of Hamilton, Niagara & Toronto!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #177  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2019, 3:28 PM
Chronamut's Avatar
Chronamut Chronamut is offline
Hamilton Historian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,236
I am curious to see if that dollarama gets torn down in future as that spot across the street will now be prime real estate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #178  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2019, 3:37 PM
bigguy1231 bigguy1231 is offline
Concerned Citizen
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
I am curious to see if that dollarama gets torn down in future as that spot across the street will now be prime real estate.
There is a thread somewhere with a plan for that site about 10 years ago, but when the economy crashed back then it was cancelled. If I can find it I will post the link.

Here's the link: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164745&highlight=main+walnut
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #179  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 11:43 PM
realcity's Avatar
realcity realcity is offline
Bruatalism gets no respec
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamsville NY
Posts: 4,059
saw the crane from the entrance to the GO station looks great. nice welcome view for GO users.

__________________
Height restrictions and Set-backs are for Nimbys and the suburbs.

Last edited by SteelTown; Apr 21, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #180  
Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 3:06 PM
hamilton23 hamilton23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 753
Process, process, process. Good to see the crane up and work happening on site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:25 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.