I was thinking the exact same thing. Apparently, it was one of the cornices in downtown removed during the 50's. I've never seen the cornice on this one in pictures, or rather never paid enough attention. Anyone have a picture of it? Anyway, the terra-cotta on this one is spectacular, and it's going to look very nice when Bedrock gets through with it.
I was lurking over at DetroitYes, recently. I don't know if the interior shots are new - and I know the exterior one isn't - but these are the best quality renderings I've seen of City Club Apartments CBD Detroit:
Exterior:
Interior:
I still have my gripes about the scale of this thing given the site; it looks like the
base or podium of a much taller building. Honestly, they'd have been better off taking either half of this and stacking it on the other.
But if this turns out even half of what's rendered, this will be one of the more fun places to live downtown. What I'm most excited about is that they pre-leased most of the ground floor commercial space before this even really got started.