HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #14161  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 8:47 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
^^^Seriously...why...even a light tan would have been a thousand times better than this.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
I think it was already a light tan

I know it's a little overused right now...especially with the Renaissance remodel across the street, but a nice shade of grey over the brown brick would work really well.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #14162  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 8:52 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
Trying to read that article is just

I really cant stand most of the art community.
     
     
  #14163  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 9:54 PM
exit2lef exit2lef is offline
reasonably smart guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Trying to read that article is just

I really cant stand most of the art community.
The New Times article is about the reaction the first anti-MW piece. I'm actually glad to see that so many local artists have rejected the negativity of the original article.
     
     
  #14164  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 10:00 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,838
Why does it seem like the people complaining always seem to have an attitude that only poor people can be artists? Specifically I'm speaking about the Alwun house owner's quote.
__________________
Mr. K the monopoly man
     
     
  #14165  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:18 AM
Classical in Phoenix's Avatar
Classical in Phoenix Classical in Phoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: A place with bigger haboobs than yours
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Why does it seem like the people complaining always seem to have an attitude that only poor people can be artists? Specifically I'm speaking about the Alwun house owner's quote.
I agree. And as for gentrification, it's going to happen anyway. The land is just too valuable. I think this project brings diversity to the area.
     
     
  #14166  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:59 AM
Classical in Phoenix's Avatar
Classical in Phoenix Classical in Phoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: A place with bigger haboobs than yours
Posts: 625
More info on Regency Garage. Did not know there were tennis courts on the roof.

https://kjzz.org/content/818681/phoenix-...DQHMXKR4r5ZAibbhSTVLgzaw4Iw7TYZyAdgrwhQI
     
     
  #14167  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 7:58 AM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 744
So, wow, these stop the tower, Savephoenixhomes signs are popping up everywhere. So Who wants and how can we start a campaign to save the desert and quit stopping Phoenix from progressing and growing?
     
     
  #14168  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 2:37 PM
Classical in Phoenix's Avatar
Classical in Phoenix Classical in Phoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: A place with bigger haboobs than yours
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
So, wow, these stop the tower, Savephoenixhomes signs are popping up everywhere. So Who wants and how can we start a campaign to save the desert and quit stopping Phoenix from progressing and growing?
On a related note, didn't the city council table the vote on the country club "tower" to today's meeting?
     
     
  #14169  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 2:45 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
So, wow, these stop the tower, Savephoenixhomes signs are popping up everywhere. So Who wants and how can we start a campaign to save the desert and quit stopping Phoenix from progressing and growing?
I've been seeing these in places they don't even belong. Nobody up and down Central Ave...especially in front of high rises is going to care if this "tower" goes up or not. It is being so over-inflated, it's ridiculous. This is only 13 floors. Downtown Scottsdale has taller. Oh, but Downtown Scottsdale is soooo blighted! How can they stand having those condo towers there??

I guess they would rather have a closed up gas station and one of the worst Circle K's in the area instead. Such a stupid argument against this.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #14170  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 2:50 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 952
I hope the Councilwoman sees the "Pass the Grey Poupon!" line before continuing to take these losers serious:

http://savephoenixhomes.com
     
     
  #14171  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 3:05 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
I hope the Councilwoman sees the "Pass the Grey Poupon!" line before continuing to take these losers serious:

http://savephoenixhomes.com
Quote:
"We do not have great expectations that the Developer is willing to compromise on height"
They've already brought it down 75' from the original proposed height. They won't be happy until it's only 4 floors no matter what the Country Club proposes.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #14172  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 3:23 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
They've already brought it down 75' from the original proposed height. They won't be happy until it's only 4 floors no matter what the Country Club proposes.
From what I can tell, this is all basically one 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵. The facebook page was overtaken with tons of comments supporting the project, while only a few agreed and were very unintelligent.

Looks like the owner of the campaign and page has now removed most of the negative comments. There is still very little support at all. Despite the stupid signs. This guy doesn't even know how to make a legitimate case. I think people see through the stupid hyperbole.

- Save Phoenix Homes - Well no homes are being lost/destroyed.
- Height = Blight - Quite the opposite, just a dumb lying rhyme.
- Pass the Grey Poupon - Sigh... most of these will be priced much less than the homes that supposed will be "blighted" by the tower.
     
     
  #14173  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 5:19 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I've been seeing these in places they don't even belong. Nobody up and down Central Ave...especially in front of high rises is going to care if this "tower" goes up or not. It is being so over-inflated, it's ridiculous. This is only 13 floors. Downtown Scottsdale has taller. Oh, but Downtown Scottsdale is soooo blighted! How can they stand having those condo towers there??

I guess they would rather have a closed up gas station and one of the worst Circle K's in the area instead. Such a stupid argument against this.
They have the signs in Melrose over 3 miles away
     
     
  #14174  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 5:20 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
From what I can tell, this is all basically one 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵. The facebook page was overtaken with tons of comments supporting the project, while only a few agreed and were very unintelligent.

Looks like the owner of the campaign and page has now removed most of the negative comments. There is still very little support at all. Despite the stupid signs. This guy doesn't even know how to make a legitimate case. I think people see through the stupid hyperbole.

- Save Phoenix Homes - Well no homes are being lost/destroyed.
- Height = Blight - Quite the opposite, just a dumb lying rhyme.
- Pass the Grey Poupon - Sigh... most of these will be priced much less than the homes that supposed will be "blighted" by the tower.
I have a feeling its a couple guys that live in the country club that will be able to see the tower from their backyards.
     
     
  #14175  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 8:13 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I have a feeling its a couple guys that live in the country club that will be able to see the tower from their backyards.
Probably. They sound about 80 years old as well. I think this only seems like alot of noise. But the reality is it's a few guys being really loud. I'd be shocked (and very disappointed) if they did not approve this.

The thing that makes me laugh is that I could probably think of a couple logical arguments against it if I really wanted to. But there is no logic at all to the comments and message they put out. So it's like a double-wammy in my book. I'm OK with disagreement, but for God's sake, have an effective argument atleast.
     
     
  #14176  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 8:20 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Probably. They sound about 80 years old as well. I think this only seems like alot of noise. But the reality is it's a few guys being really loud. I'd be shocked (and very disappointed) if they did not approve this.

The thing that makes me laugh is that I could probably think of a couple logical arguments against it if I really wanted to. But there is no logic at all to the comments and message they put out. So it's like a double-wammy in my book. I'm OK with disagreement, but for God's sake, have an effective argument atleast.
A little Q&A regarding this from KJZZ, Although it's a little mis-informative as this is a condo project and not an apartment project. But it does paint more of a positive light as to why this should be approved by the City of Phoenix.

https://kjzz.org/content/826701/how-does...expert-weighs-city-council-votes-phoenix
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #14177  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 8:32 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Probably. They sound about 80 years old as well. I think this only seems like alot of noise. But the reality is it's a few guys being really loud. I'd be shocked (and very disappointed) if they did not approve this.

The thing that makes me laugh is that I could probably think of a couple logical arguments against it if I really wanted to. But there is no logic at all to the comments and message they put out. So it's like a double-wammy in my book. I'm OK with disagreement, but for God's sake, have an effective argument atleast.
Its just ludicrous from the start fro the reasons weve discussed.

If you want to live in the central city, tall buildings come with it, if you want a big sprawling house and no highrises there is plenty of that in Scottsdale, Arcadia, PV, and the far northeast.
     
     
  #14178  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 11:50 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
....and it got knocked down to 110' per Pastor's recommendation with varying staggered heights....shortest closest to 7th St.. On the positive side, a stipulation was included to perform a study to remove the reversible lanes from McDowell to Osborne. I'm hoping that is something that comes to fruition.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #14179  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 12:23 AM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,838
I've mentioned it before but as someone who uses 7th avenue and street daily in traffic hours I would support getting rid of those lanes. Very hazardous due partly to ignorance and and parly because some people refuse to abide.
__________________
Mr. K the monopoly man
     
     
  #14180  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 4:26 AM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Nobody linked this yet:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news...y-council-denies-controversial-high.html

Quote:
Phoenix City Council unanimously voted against a controversial high-rise zoning request — but left the door open for future discussions.

Sunbelt Holdings Inc.'s plans to build a 125-unit, $75 million high-rise condominium tower on the parking lot of the Phoenix Country Club was strongly opposed by many residents, who maintained in campaign-style signage posted on street corners in the area that "height is blight."

Instead, Council voted to deny the high-rise zoning request as well as capping any future developments at the northeast corner of Seventh Street and Thomas Road to 110 feet — essentially cutting in half what Sunbelt requested.

"I want to approve mid-rise zoning temporarily to settle the height debate," Councilmember Laura Pastor said in her motion to deny high-rise zoning. She represents District 4, which includes the Phoenix Country Club site. She also required the developer to work on a planned unit development within 12 months.

During the past month, Pastor met with neighbors and the developer in an attempt to craft an agreement, but after all those talks, the building height was still the biggest issue.

When Sunbelt CEO John Graham originally submitted his zoning request to the city, the tower started out at 225 feet high, which is the same height as Crystal Point condominium tower at Ninth Street and Osborn Road.

Pastor also presented a long list of other stipulations in her motion, including studying the feasibility of the reversible turn lanes along Seventh Street near the project.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.