Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut
Remove some parking for a bus lane: "there's no room, it's too disruptive, West Van will be 'too busy' afterward." Tear up half of West Van and downtown for a new superhighway and tunnel/bridge: "IF THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY!"
I don't care how rich and important you or your car are - you can't have your argument both ways.
|
West Vancouver's the one place where there should be both a freeway and dedicated bus lanes, the former for ferry traffic and the latter for everyone else.
=========
On a completely different note, has anyone noticed that the new bus routes (since the opening of Canada Line) don't announce the route numbers but only destinations (or that existing routes, if their destination's one of the stations on the Canada Line, won't announce them either)?
Examples:
*New routes*
Whenever I boarded a 595 before or after it got truncated at Maple Meadows Station, never once have I heard the number "Five hundred ninety-five". When the door opened, I only heard "Haney Place, via, Maple Meadows... Station", "Haney Place", or "Maple Meadows... Station". (It was the same deal going the other direction.) The same happens to 531 as well (before Translink started using community shuttle buses for that route): *front door opens* "Willowbrook". 96 B-Line seems to be the only exception to the rule (for good reasons).
I wonder if the same happens with 119, 406 and 408, because that really bothers me.

* Old routes*
If you get on a 3 MAIN MARINE DR STN, when the door opens, you only hear "Main, Marine Drive Canada Line Station". On the other hand, if it's 3 MAIN, it will say "Three: Main".
Does this bother anybody else?