Quote:
Originally Posted by Gat-Train
The 417 eastbound was closed from Maitland today. There was only one sign I saw warning drivers of this. Why aren't there more MTO info signs on the Queensway like the one near Parkdale?? It's like the city is actively trying to — over commuters.
|
It's unfortunate we do not have more of these.
I know we live in the days of twitter and endless information overload on the internet, but when we set out on a regular journey, we don't often check traffic conditions.
It seems like they have places those temopoary/movable/small VMS signs along the 417 at various points. But they are always on the far right hand side, and unless you are in the farthest two right lanes, they are extremely difficult to see.
I had read before (can't find the source now), that there are plans for more overhead VMS signs at:
Eastbound
- 417 after Moodie
- 417 after Pinecrest
- 417 before Carling
Westbound
- 417 after Carling
- 417 between Woodroffe and Pinecrest
I will try to hunt down the source but this was 1-2 years ago if I remember correctly seeing this. And plans could have changed since then.
We will probably see more after the widening from Maitland to Island Park in 2021/22