HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1461  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 4:40 AM
Shift Shift is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
This month is busy for pre-sales in Surrey downtown area:

- Park George Tower II
- University District Tower II
- King George Hub Phase 3
- George Town Phase 1
- Central City 2 (office/retail only)

Still selling or recently sold out are:
- Avani
- University District Tower I
- Park George Tower I
- One Central
- Linea

Do I miss any one ?

Let's hope there are still enough demand for so many new supply in a short time. Someone said Avani has a $70K incentive on some units. Oakridge re-development project in Vancouver is giving out car, oversea trip, luxury items, and more. According to news, this year has the most pre-sales comparing to recent years. It is interesting to see how well they can sell.
For pre-sales you missed The Holland and Centra

http://theholland.townline.ca

https://centrasurrey.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1462  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 3:45 AM
e-clam9 e-clam9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
For pre-sales you missed The Holland and Centra
Added to my original list. Wow, it is many more high-raise pre-sales than I know.... There are easily more than 2000 new condos coming to market in these few months ! There are also a few low-raise condo near downtown area coming to market soon.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1463  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 11:12 PM
e-clam9 e-clam9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 455
My agent said one of the new condo will sell from $250K !! It is a new low price at this time of the year. I wonder how small this is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1464  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 11:22 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
From Scott Construction twitter:


West Village Energy Centre is in the final stages of completion and commissioning.
The facility achieved occupancy in December of 2019, and is currently operating, supplying heating energy
to the growing neighbourhood.

https://twitter.com/ScottConstructs
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1465  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 12:15 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
^^^ So what buildings does it currently supply to? City Hall and?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1466  
Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 12:40 AM
Shift Shift is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
^^^ So what buildings does it currently supply to? City Hall and?
Ultra, Wave, Evolve, University District for now I believe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1467  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 3:41 AM
rpvan rpvan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Ultra, Wave, Evolve, University District for now I believe
The plans have it ultimately supply energy to the entire west village district?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1468  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2019, 7:36 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Ultra, Wave, Evolve, University District for now I believe
So it's fair to say

3CP
Library
City Hall
Ultra
Evolve
Wave
University District
Prime (Most likely)
Linea (Most likely)
SFU Expansion (Most likely)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1469  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 8:14 PM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
Still doesn't change my primary point.
It does actually because you are arguing that Surrey will feel suburban because in 1 single project it did what Vancouver did downtown in about 10 different projects. So for you to still have a valid point you would then logically have to concluded Vancouver too is suburban feel downtown.

Sorry but your logic just doesn't compute. I agree that it is suburban feel if they focus on huge setbacks and a lot of surface parking, but if you look at the last 8 dense developments in Surrey Central, all 8 of them have 0 setbacks against the sidewalk and underground parking, no surface parking.

So you're making a primary point that isn't even a point in reality and nit picking on 1 single development which doesn't actually back your point at all, doesn't change the fact that in principal, Surrey central is headed the right direction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1470  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 8:19 PM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
What about the redevelopment or the SFHs in the more developed parts of Surrey into townhouses/row houses?
That's where I think you may see this council try to slow things down. But it is a catch 22 because honestly our housing price "crisis" in Metro Vancouver is a supply problem not a demand problem. So on one hand they would want to slow down taking out SFH to replace with denser townhouses to help infrastructure catch up, but on the other hand every council is trying to address affordability which is exactly why in some areas you need to replace SFH with townhouses and increase density/housing availability.

I dunno. I just think there is a lot of talk but in reality we're going to see the status-quo in Surrey so long as market demand says steady which is seems to be in most areas of the city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1471  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 8:22 PM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
If you don't have viewcones and there are developers willing to pay for the designs, anything is possible. I was impressed with not just Melbourne's CBD, but even other cities in Canada, Asia and Europe when I visited those places as well.

Unfortunately, Vancouver will only lag behind more with our antiquated policies and mindset of planners. My hope for this region now lies in Burnaby and Surrey, and I'm really glad they are, at least for the moment, going in the best direction possible. Unfortunately, it will take a while for developers to be willing to pay more for avande garde designs in suburb town centres.
I actually wanted to add a correction to my first point about Vancouver itself because honestly I hadn't been downtown in a good year and a bit. I went for a meeting last week and had to drive over the Granville Street bridge.

There are several projects that are near completion and being built right now that actually stick out from the standard glass towers. One of the towers that others would know that sweeps up (looks thin at bottom, big at top), there was another that has a giant color feature running top to bottom, and another that really made me suddenly feel like I was back in Melbourne for a moment.

So maybe Vancouver is heading the right direction that way. I don't think Vancouver will ever get the height due to viewcones but as you said Burnaby and Surrey have opportunities there to stand out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1472  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 5:03 PM
fredinno's Avatar
fredinno fredinno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
I actually wanted to add a correction to my first point about Vancouver itself because honestly I hadn't been downtown in a good year and a bit. I went for a meeting last week and had to drive over the Granville Street bridge.

There are several projects that are near completion and being built right now that actually stick out from the standard glass towers. One of the towers that others would know that sweeps up (looks thin at bottom, big at top), there was another that has a giant color feature running top to bottom, and another that really made me suddenly feel like I was back in Melbourne for a moment.

So maybe Vancouver is heading the right direction that way. I don't think Vancouver will ever get the height due to viewcones but as you said Burnaby and Surrey have opportunities there to stand out.
East and West Broadway lacks viewcones, but then again, neither did Oakridge, and it's nowhere near the ambition of most other town centers.

I don't know.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1473  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 7:22 PM
Vin Vin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
East and West Broadway lacks viewcones, but then again, neither did Oakridge, and it's nowhere near the ambition of most other town centers.

I don't know.
The Nimbys & Planners are the viewcones. Let's not have our hopes up about other areas if even downtown can't go tall.

Better to place the bets on Burnaby and Surrey's city centres.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1474  
Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 8:33 PM
fredinno's Avatar
fredinno fredinno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
The Nimbys & Planners are the viewcones. Let's not have our hopes up about other areas if even downtown can't go tall.

Better to place the bets on Burnaby and Surrey's city centres.
If Broadway has 30-story towers on either end (avoiding the viewcones), it could provide an appealing 'frame' to Central Downtown...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1475  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 7:58 PM
GMasterAres GMasterAres is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 3,124
It's not just tall, it is interesting. I don't care if a tower isn't 900 storeys high honestly. While it would be nice to have some much taller towers pushing the 7-800 meter marks like you get in other large cities, I honestly am more interested in good architecture and interesting designs with color and interesting features.

The best of both worlds is having your iconic tall high rises also be architecturally interesting, but I'd be ok with some smaller interesting towers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1476  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 7:45 PM
Hooknose Hooknose is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 248
Property Assemblies

I heard a rumour that the block between 102 to 104 and Civic and the KGH is going through some furious accumulation.
I got this from a real estate friend of mine who told me that several deals are in the works, trying to assemble sufficient parcels.
The people involved in the assemblies re supposed to be very capable developers .. which I was told means not just people with money but also groups with some real skill in development.
If they are successful, more than one project involving towers of 40 stories plus may go ahead just by Surrey Central Skytrain.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1477  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 8:10 PM
Blease Blease is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooknose View Post
I heard a rumour that the block between 102 to 104 and Civic and the KGH is going through some furious accumulation.
I got this from a real estate friend of mine who told me that several deals are in the works, trying to assemble sufficient parcels.
The people involved in the assemblies re supposed to be very capable developers .. which I was told means not just people with money but also groups with some real skill in development.
If they are successful, more than one project involving towers of 40 stories plus may go ahead just by Surrey Central Skytrain.

I too (from inside knowledge) have heard of a major project being planned in the exact location you mention. I look forward to this (these) projects getting to the stage where they become public knowledge.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1478  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 8:36 PM
Westbased Westbased is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 302
The plaza with RBC on the corner of 102 and KGB has been sold I believe. It was under contract a few weeks back and now the sign is gone.

40 Stories in that corner for sure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1479  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 10:04 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
At that location, the land use should be all office, not condos.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1480  
Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:50 AM
Shift Shift is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
At that location, the land use should be all office, not condos.
Lots of office in the works for that vicinity.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.