HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12381  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 9:43 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
Dave- indeed I did. The old CBC show iirc.
     
     
  #12382  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 9:54 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12383  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 6:29 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
Great perspective of what will be Tower B (white at grade vapour barrier).


https://twitter.com/kmoorephotos/status/1069054496402096128
@kmoorephotos
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12384  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 6:31 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,982
Beautiful update there.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
     
     
  #12385  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 2:50 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Not sure if this was ever mentioned:

http://www.batemanon99.com/overview/
     
     
  #12386  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 6:30 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Not sure if this is the best sub-thread to put this in, but here's an Edmonton group I've never heard of that's proposing a six tower development in Laval. It just seems odd.

https://renx.ca/saroukian-develop-build-six-tower-central-parc-laval/
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12387  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:03 PM
Swore Swore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
I've been following this thread for a little while now and I enjoy staying up to date with things in my home town of Edmonton.
From my understanding of reading this article is that this is for Laval Quebec. Not entirely relevant to this thread but still a cool project to read up on.
     
     
  #12388  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:36 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swore View Post
I've been following this thread for a little while now and I enjoy staying up to date with things in my home town of Edmonton.
From my understanding of reading this article is that this is for Laval Quebec. Not entirely relevant to this thread but still a cool project to read up on.
Edmonton seems to have a knack for birthing strip mall developers that all of sudden think they're multi-phase high-rise developers.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12389  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 11:58 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12390  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 12:01 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12391  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 1:03 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
The Royal Glenora is about to embark on quite the renovation.



https://www.kennedycreate.com/royal-glenora-redevelopment
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12392  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 1:18 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
Remember this?


@ianoyeg
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12393  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 2:46 AM
Jaws Jaws is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,360
Arlington?
     
     
  #12394  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 3:13 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,137
108st/south of Jasper.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12395  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 3:59 AM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
The Royal Glenora is about to embark on quite the renovation.



https://www.kennedycreate.com/royal-glenora-redevelopment
Kennedy Create?

Ha.

More like Kennedy Crate.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12396  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 7:26 PM
GreenSPACE's Avatar
GreenSPACE GreenSPACE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,865
Stantec Tower lighting open house Thursday, 5-7pm in the lobby.

https://edmontonjournal.com/business/loc...o-light-up-western-canadas-tallest-tower
__________________
"A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one." - Aristotle
     
     
  #12397  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 8:22 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Well I suppose it will help detract from the bland utilitarian-ness of the building and compliment those suburban style pylon signs all over the place. I'm sure those staying at the hotel or in their way overpriced apartment condos will love that thing going off all night !
     
     
  #12398  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 8:27 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Well I suppose it will help detract from the bland utilitarian-ness of the building and compliment those suburban style pylon signs all over the place. I'm sure those staying at the hotel or in their way overpriced apartment condos will love that thing going off all night !
In other news.......

Stantec condo sales dim as building lights up.

certainly is a double edged sword.
     
     
  #12399  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 8:46 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
Stantec Tower lighting open house Thursday, 5-7pm in the lobby.

https://edmontonjournal.com/business/loc...o-light-up-western-canadas-tallest-tower
Maybe this will be part of a core business school course one day in how to devalue all of your condominiums and hotel rooms as well as those of all your neighbors?

On the other hand, maybe we might as well surrender all of our building faces to advertising because we've already surrendered all of our sidewalks and street edges to pylon signs for radio stations and political action committees and dental offices to advertise on.

At what point did we move from having a bit of signage on buildings for the convenience of people who live and work in and around them to having high rise billboards for their own end that happen to have people living and working in and around them?
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
     
     
  #12400  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 9:52 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 9,855
I think after looking at the proposal information that is out there. The Billboards were but one image. The digital lighting would be more in keeping with Edmonton Tower. At least that is how I saw it. They way its being presented will bring out the full no vote.

Lets see what the formal proposal actually looks like.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:50 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.