HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1881  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 8:20 PM
UPChicago's Avatar
UPChicago UPChicago is offline
Vote for me for Mayor!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
How much do you think the cheapest condos in this building will sell for?
The cheapest and most expensive will sell for $0
     
     
  #1882  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 9:25 PM
PittsburghPA PittsburghPA is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fulton Market/West Town, Chicago
Posts: 948
This tower is 100% rental units, Piano.

I'm confused, is this getting the open cube? Are we unsure? I hope we do, I really like that as a design element.
     
     
  #1883  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 10:11 PM
BonoboZill4's Avatar
BonoboZill4 BonoboZill4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PingPong
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPChicago View Post
The only difference between the rendering and the actual building is it lost four floors between the third setback and the amenities floor which is in line with the reduced floor count which was documented. The rendering is at 80 stories.
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but 4 floors being chopped down on a step section(and I personally think the move was actually a good one design wise, now the jumps in height from step back to step back look smoother) is a pretty big shift in a rendering. Who is to say it didn't change more if they haven't even adjusted their website to reality?
__________________
I'm here for a long time, not a good time
     
     
  #1884  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 10:12 PM
cozy cozy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
This tower is 100% rental units, Piano.

I'm confused, is this getting the open cube? Are we unsure? I hope we do, I really like that as a design element.
Same, would be a first for the skyline. Also it would attract those insane russian climbers
__________________
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized.
     
     
  #1885  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 11:06 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,831
Been semi-obsessed with this one since the community meeting back in 09/15.

11/20/18











__________________
titanic1
     
     
  #1886  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 11:30 PM
UPChicago's Avatar
UPChicago UPChicago is offline
Vote for me for Mayor!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but 4 floors being chopped down on a step section(and I personally think the move was actually a good one design wise, now the jumps in height from step back to step back look smoother) is a pretty big shift in a rendering. Who is to say it didn't change more if they haven't even adjusted their website to reality?
I kinda agree it makes the steps more symmetrical. To the possible change, why assume something without any evidence. Overall the building looks closely aligned to what the rendering depicts other than a hieght reduction. It may end up that the crown was VE’d, it certainly happened to its neighbor but why are we assuming it as of now?
     
     
  #1887  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2018, 12:26 AM
Bombardier Bombardier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 470
If I was a betting man, I would bet that the cube is still going to be built. Just eyeballing it, the core is nearly topped out and the crane looks to be tall enough to accommodate the cube. I'm thinking that we will see it get built.
     
     
  #1888  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2018, 12:52 AM
Donnie77 Donnie77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
If I was a betting man, I would bet that the cube is still going to be built. Just eyeballing it, the core is nearly topped out and the crane looks to be tall enough to accommodate the cube. I'm thinking that we will see it get built.
Fingers crossed!
     
     
  #1889  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2018, 1:29 PM
skyscraper skyscraper is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier View Post
If I was a betting man, I would bet that the cube is still going to be built. Just eyeballing it, the core is nearly topped out and the crane looks to be tall enough to accommodate the cube. I'm thinking that we will see it get built.
nope. no cube.
     
     
  #1890  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2018, 1:33 PM
Bombardier Bombardier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 470
^Darn! Well, it will still be a nice building without it. I don’t think it adds much to the building myself but I would still like to see it get built.
     
     
  #1891  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 2:16 PM
F1 Tommy's Avatar
F1 Tommy F1 Tommy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,129
This building is turning out pretty nice due to it's interesting shape. Materials look cheap(the paint) and they should have turned the building so that its best angle(the east side now) was facing the park like I said many pages back. Other than that a great addition.
     
     
  #1892  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 4:28 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Tommy View Post
This building is turning out pretty nice due to it's interesting shape. Materials look cheap(the paint) and they should have turned the building so that its best angle(the east side now) was facing the park like I said many pages back. Other than that a great addition.
No and no. The glass system is actually super nice, look closer. The details are great especially the way the doors and operating segments are integrated. Also it would be so stupid to not have the vertical wall against Roosevelt like literally every other skyscraper on the park. Also did you not just see the awesome view up LSD from the South where you get a broadside terminal view of the angle you are so disappointed isn't visible enough.
     
     
  #1893  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 7:09 PM
BonoboZill4's Avatar
BonoboZill4 BonoboZill4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: PingPong
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
No and no. The glass system is actually super nice, look closer. The details are great especially the way the doors and operating segments are integrated. Also it would be so stupid to not have the vertical wall against Roosevelt like literally every other skyscraper on the park. Also did you not just see the awesome view up LSD from the South where you get a broadside terminal view of the angle you are so disappointed isn't visible enough.
Bingo on all points
__________________
I'm here for a long time, not a good time
     
     
  #1894  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 3:46 AM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,443
A new peak is born:

     
     
  #1895  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 12:44 AM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
Nov 14



Nov 21



__________________
Harry C - Urbanize Chicago- My Flickr stream HRC_OakPark
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. B Franklin.
     
     
  #1896  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 3:26 AM
RedCorsair87 RedCorsair87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 519
How high do we think that crane is sitting at the moment?
     
     
  #1897  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 1:42 PM
cityofblindinglights's Avatar
cityofblindinglights cityofblindinglights is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 116
From the ice skating ribbon yesterday. That southern wall is so pronounced now. I think back to when I first came to Chicago for school in 2005 and almost none of that was there.
[IMG][/IMG]
     
     
  #1898  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 11:11 PM
pianowizard pianowizard is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE Michigan, US
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofblindinglights View Post
From the ice skating ribbon yesterday. That southern wall is so pronounced now.
I had never heard the term "southern wall" before. I like it! Hopefully this wall will keep growing!
     
     
  #1899  
Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 11:30 PM
SkyScraperJunkie SkyScraperJunkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Progress



     
     
  #1900  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 4:12 AM
PittsburghPA PittsburghPA is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fulton Market/West Town, Chicago
Posts: 948
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.