Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
Although my hope is for the intersection to be open, sadly on Friday I was greeted with the reality I believe is most common.
Going to a party with 3 other hockey families the subject came up and sadly I was the only one in a car of 6 that wanted it open. It was clear that there was a total lack of information on the other 5 as they didn't seem to really understand what would happen if it was open. I explained my side with all the possibilities and was generally met with the same response....It will take me too long to get home. The facts didn't seem to matter. Their crystal ball told them that letting people cross the street would cost them an extra 1/2 hr in traffic. Funny thing was is that none of them worked downtown.
|
This is my experience too. Most people really don't give a 🞵🞵🞵🞵 but to the extent that they've thought about it at all, they think that opening the intersection will have a negative impact on traffic. I don't know what that's based on, but there you go.
I'm sorry that I hadn't heard about the event at P&M on the weekend, otherwise I would have stopped by.