Quote:
Originally Posted by LA/OCman
The Eastern Columbia HOA was successful in a lawsuit against the Eastern Columbia developer and have hired an architect and engineering firm to test the best option to restore the tile facade. There is a lot of research and testing going on by the firm to offer the best long term solutions and it should wrap up soon. Please don't spread rumors about "neglect" unless you know the facts. Just setting the record straight. The building is under the advantages of the Mills Act and will always keep the standards high. It will continue to be a city and national treasure.
|
Unless you are an apologist or shill for the HOA (remember they are still spending money to fight the construction of a building on an adjoining parcel which at twenty some odd stories will block their cherished and entitled poolside view of the city...or was it a heartfelt effort to preserve the view of the clock? Oh damn, I forgot), I will take you for your word. I don't know anything about the Mills Act but just based upon a casual photograph and a keen eye (mine), if it comes to the preservation of architectural landmarks it doesn't seem like the HOA doesn't either. I hope that they can get it right. Oh, and I promise not to spread any rumors, promote innuendo or misunderstanding about "neglect." I say this because I don't think the people of DTLA care about what I say. They have intelligence-- they have eyes, ears, and can touch. And best of all they can read, comprehend, discern, think critically and conclude. Let them decide what constitutes neglect, and misplacement of priorities and assets. Especially when it concerns a national treasure. It should be fun.