HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 6:47 PM
Photo1 Photo1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I agree with you, and as someone who used to follow UFC in its peak of popularity and not so much anymore I would have likely gone if the cheap seats were $45-50, just to see the show they put on given its on national television. Obviously this $150K subsidy is going to look much worse if the building is half full. They did mention that one of the hotels in town has 1000 rooms booked just for the ufc entourage (fighters/media etc.) so that's nice to hear.
But...isn't the $150K essentially the city paying for those hotel rooms? Also, is there a hotel in Moncton that has a 100 rooms never mind a 1000 rooms (are there even much more than a 1000 hotel rooms in all of Moncton)?

I understand that 2-4 hours of National TV coverage if purchased would be an expensive endeavor, but if it's on National TV...why can't I just stay home in Moncton and watch it. UFC is a $7 Billion company, why are we paying $150K to bring them here. SMG was hired to book these events, not to pay people to book these events. I understand that sometimes promoters want to alleviate risk and there needs to be some give and take...but this seems like all 'take' to me.

Between that at the Magic, the city has now spent almost $500K on two things...I'm all for the Center, don't get me wrong, but that just seems a bit crazy to me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.