Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us
Would love something like this across the river, maybe part of the complex at Auditorium Shores or at the Statesman site. I mean, a tower deserves a view, and those spots are about as good as it gets.
|
We debated this years ago and I placed observations towers all around Austin on my 'What if' thread to see where it would fit in best and give the best views. If I recall, most people here at the time were against observation towers
all together. But I agree with you especially Auditorium Shores, they do have a rather small footprint, and now that the AAS site could be up for grabs, that would be an ideal location for one. I don't like the idea of it being in the mix of the other buildings. It needs to be seen from a distance in all its splendor as well as view the city from a distance. I am 100% for something like this, with a toned down crown, but who is going to pay for it??? Nobody.