Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate
A surprising number of young people watch curling even in Toronto, the only thing i like about it is the hot chicks though. I can understand its appeal if you're really really bored, kind of like baseball.
|
Baseball is all about the ritual of sitting at the ball park on a nice summer day, eating a hotdog, and drinking a beer while something cerebral happens on the field. It also appeals to analytical people who love statistics.
I didn't get baseball for years but kept going because it was a nice way to spend a lazy afternoon with friends. To my surprise after 5 years I'd become accustomed to the ritual, looked forward to going, knew who the players were, and started appreciating some the intricacies of the game.
There's a reason MLB draws 73 million in attendance. No other league or sport comes close. For comparison's sake, the NBA draws 22 million, NFL draws 18 million, and the Premier League draws 14.5 million fans/season.