HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 6:14 PM
scryer scryer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
I'm seriously being open to your suggestions and am not criticizing, if you have a solution to solving our reliance on foreign money and expensive real estate go for it.
One of the graphs you posted listed "Other services" as income; any idea if hospitality is included in that "other services"? It also doesn't list shipping or exports, which makes me suspicious because Vancouver is North America's third largest port and Canada's key shipping port. I'm just curious, and I don't expect that you actually made the graph yourself .

I think that by breaking the cycle of relying on expensive real estate and foreign money that it is actually more of an opportunity than anything else. It's gotten so bad that we need to break the system, AND maybe it will get our government to wake up and realize that they have placed all of their eggs in one basket. We obviously need to diversify our industries and with the ridiculous amount of catering that we do to the NIMBYs, we need to start thinking differently about how we use the land we have.

Personally I would like to see more light-industrial mixed, TALLER — BUILDINGS, a focus on the tech industry, more oil exports (bring on the pipeline baby!), and more exports in general.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:38 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.