Quote:
Originally Posted by PHrenetic
Good Day.
Yes, indeed, see GO.
IIRC, that discussion concluded with the acceptance that those pieces of GO were operation under the authorities of companies and agencies that had the necessary certificates to operate interprovincially. GO therefore, itself, did not need the certificates.
EnJoy!
|
I don't remember that happening (but I may have forgotten), but I do remember citing
this CTA decision where it states that provincial commuter rail systems aren't eligible for certificates of fitness.
Quote:
|
CN also submitted that GCRC's operation is similar if not identical to GO Transit and that the same decision should be rendered in this case to GCRC as provided in Decision No. LET-R-204-1998. The Agency respectfully disagrees. GO Transit's commuter train is operated entirely within the boundaries of the province of Ontario and, therefore, is not eligible for a certificate of fitness as it is not a railway that falls within the legislative authority of Parliament.
|
The city received the certificate of fitness well before it had the intention of purchasing the subdivision, and the application for the certificate specifically mentions the possibility of operating into Gatineau.