Quote:
Originally Posted by pip
Yup!
Example. I was disappointed with One South Halsted when I saw it a couple of weeks ago. That's my least favorite building under construction. They are ruining the streetscape of Halsted. Nothing pleasant or nice about it as a pedestrian.
|
I'm as big an enemy to that horrid base as any of us around here, buuuuuuut tbh, Halsted's streetscape isn't being "ruined". That entire stretch really from Roosevelt to the Kennedy is and always has been terrible, especially on that side. I know we should ask for improvements, but it's replacing a parking lot. Hard to do worse than a parking lot or blank wall, which this is neither.
Fortunately, it looks like related's tower on randolph and halsted looks to have better street presence as of right now, and with the other two major open lots left along that side of Halsted, maybe we can get some better bases and street activity. I won't be too upset though. When I go to the West Loop, it's sure as hell not to hang out along Halsted