I don't have an issue with an auto dealership at Front and Fairmount. Assuming the cars are parked inside the building and they're not proposing a
cheesy used car lot with a whacky inflatable arm tube man and a chain link fence, then is it really that much different than retail stores selling furniture, electronics, etc.? There's a huge difference between
this and other "auto-centric businesses" like gas stations, car washes, and drive thru's.
But I do question the wisdom of such a location, from the auto dealer's perspective. Just seems like an odd location. Even for a high end dealership, which I could see working in various locations along Market East or the west end of Market or JFK; South Broad Street; or along Spring Garden east of Broad. (Not advocating, just pointing out locations that would probably work better from the dealer's point of view.)
This particular intersection doesn't seem to garner enough foot or vehicular traffic to make sense for a car dealership. There's a few apartment buildings in this vicinity without any retail whatsoever, so my guess is that the choices for the first floor is either the dealership or no retail space at all.