Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesha13
I honestly don't care if Angels Landing goes over 1,100 ft and throws the skyline off center. 1WTC is way off the center of Manhattan. Same thing goes for the Houston and Miami skyline and now the SF skyline with Salesforce Tower when looked from the Mission District and Potrero Hill.
|
While Houston and Miami don't have a definitive peak in their skylines, both have two tall buildings surrounded by smaller ones which still make attractive skylines. The Salesforce Tower gave San Francisco a new peak in it's skyline and once the whole Transbay district is complete it won't look so off center anymore. It's not like the Transamerica Pyramid was ever really the center of SF's skyline anyways since it's on the northern end of the skyline.
As for Angel's Landing, I don't think it will make the skyline too off center once The Grand and the LA Times projects extend the skyline northwest. I made a quick mockup of how Angel's Landing will look from the south. I think it'll act as a nice counterpart to the Wilshire Grand without stealing the focus from the US Bank Tower.

Original photo taken by
Logan Selinski:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133681306@N02/41458648194/
The Los Angeles skyline is unique in the way that the US Bank Tower stands as the centerpiece of the skyline. It's as if all of the surrounding buildings were built to compliment it, even Mt. Baldy perfectly aligns with it when viewed from the south! I'm happy to see that it will likely remain this way once this cycle is complete. I'm sure one day something taller will be built and when that day comes I hope it's worthy of stealing the "crown" from US Bank.