HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7621  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 7:45 PM
ainvan ainvan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto/Vancouver
Posts: 965
     
     
  #7622  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 7:46 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I wouldn't want that Montreal mural on my building. Anyone have more details? The end of the World religious icon 🞵🞵🞵🞵.


It doesn't look bad to me, I'd say it stands out nicely on the skyline.
     
     
  #7623  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 7:51 PM
begratto's Avatar
begratto begratto is offline
Explorateur urbain
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Verdun > Montréal > Québec > Canada
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I wouldn't want that Montreal mural on my building. Anyone have more details? The end of the World religious icon 🞵🞵🞵🞵.
It's not a mural, it's a video projection that shows the history of Montreal : Montreal en histoires.

Dozens of buldings in Old Montreal have videos projected on their walls at night, and you get the audio with an app.

Video (somehow I couldn't find a way to integrate the video in this post)
__________________
Venit ad oppidum!
     
     
  #7624  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:07 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I wouldn't want that Montreal mural on my building. Anyone have more details? The end of the World religious icon 🞵🞵🞵🞵.
That’s the courthouse and it looks like a projection.
     
     
  #7625  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:11 PM
Monolith's Avatar
Monolith Monolith is offline
Pacific Breeze
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwestern British Columbia
Posts: 1,234
     
     
  #7626  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:14 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I wouldn't want that Montreal mural on my building. Anyone have more details? The end of the World religious icon 🞵🞵🞵🞵.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXCHbf7B0qR/?taken-by=mtlenhistoires

     
     
  #7627  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:16 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post


It doesn't look bad to me, I'd say it stands out nicely on the skyline.
Well the captured image looks like a Jesus figure standing in front of a giant fire. I'm hoping you are seeing something very different than that.
     
     
  #7628  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:24 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
^ It looks somewhat ominous, but I'm not getting Jesus from it.
     
     
  #7629  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:43 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,163
Really?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9YSoOvysc

Sure looks like ol' J-dawg to me
     
     
  #7630  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:45 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ It looks somewhat ominous, but I'm not getting Jesus from it.
I totally get Jesus from that, but it's not a big issue to me either way.
__________________
Gone... but never forgotten.
     
     
  #7631  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:45 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Looks pretty Jesus-y to me

Don't hate it, but I wouldn't want it on the side of my building either
     
     
  #7632  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:50 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Looks pretty Jesus-y to me

Don't hate it, but I wouldn't want it on the side of my building either
I guess it's personal, but I wouldn't see it as much different from living in a city named San Francisco or St. Albert, or living on Rue Notre-Dame or Boulevard St-Jean-Baptiste.

Or even living in a city like Monc(k)ton, named for a guy who attempted the genocide of most of my ancestors.
__________________
Gone... but never forgotten.
     
     
  #7633  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 8:52 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Really?



Sure looks like ol' J-dawg to me
I wish Winnipeg could get an art installation mural/projection or something on this blank wall, a giant Burton 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 head shot

     
     
  #7634  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:06 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
I don't get what the issue even is here... that the image might be one of Jesus? If it were actually, let's say, a Druid magician, would that make it OK?
     
     
  #7635  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:08 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I don't get what the issue even is here... that the image might be one of Jesus? If it were actually, let's say, a Druid magician, would that make it OK?
Probably half the streets in that city are named for his family members or followers anyway!
__________________
Gone... but never forgotten.
     
     
  #7636  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:21 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Looks pretty Jesus-y to me

Don't hate it, but I wouldn't want it on the side of my building either
Then you would only have to wait a few seconds to see another image, because it is an animated projection that tells the history of Montreal.

There's a clip from it in this video at 5:15 minutes.


https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc0uYgMlT9P/?tagged=montrealenhistoires


https://www.instagram.com/p/BX5rHIglTR-/?tagged=montrealenhistoires


https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYkOumDB7e/?tagged=montrealenhistoires


https://www.instagram.com/p/BWShyWmFR2k/?tagged=montrealenhistoires
     
     
  #7637  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:22 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I don't get what the issue even is here... that the image might be one of Jesus? If it were actually, let's say, a Druid magician, would that make it OK?
There is no issue, aside from having a religious figure projected onto the side of a large building in a secular country being a bit weird.

I just thought it odd you didn't think it looked like him, since it seemed pretty obvious to me.
     
     
  #7638  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:24 PM
isaidso isaidso is offline
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,073
I wouldn't want a giant Jesus mural staring down at me every day any more than I'd want one of Donald Trump, Kanye West, or the Shah of Iran.
__________________
ELBOWS UP CANADA, ELBOWS UP UKRAINE, ELBOWS UP GREENLAND
CANADA, EUROPE, NZ, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, MEXICO STRONG

US REPUBLICANS/MAGA/ICE NOT WELCOME HERE, STAY OUT
     
     
  #7639  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:24 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
Then you would only have to wait a few seconds to see another image, because it is an animated projection that tells the history of Montreal.
Is this a permanent display?
     
     
  #7640  
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 9:32 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I don't get what the issue even is here... that the image might be one of Jesus? If it were actually, let's say, a Druid magician, would that make it OK?
I can't say I'm for a Jesus figure on a side of a building.. I definitely don't like the idea of a giant Jesus figure depicted during a nuclear holocaust/ rapture
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:08 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.