HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #18561  
Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:00 PM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Road Engineer Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Côté Ouest de la Rivière des Outaouais
Posts: 8,682
Lol not only should 401 be split, but the one that goes down Garden City should see increased frequency on Sunday too. Garden City's so densely populated south of Cook that buses are packed even on Sunday (when it comes twice per hour, which is ridiculous).

410 has to be split too because one accident on Queensboro will render the service completely unreliable.

It's good to hear that at least things are being done to those 2 routes.
__________________
My Proposal of TCH Twinning in Northern Ontario
Disclaimer: Most of it is pure pie in the sky, so there's no need to be up in the arm about it.
     
     
  #18562  
Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:23 PM
cganuelas1995 cganuelas1995 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Lol not only should 401 be split, but the one that goes down Garden City should see increased frequency on Sunday too. Garden City's so densely populated south of Cook that buses are packed even on Sunday (when it comes twice per hour, which is ridiculous).

410 has to be split too because one accident on Queensboro will render the service completely unreliable.

It's good to hear that at least things are being done to those 2 routes.
I used to ride both the 404 and the 401 to the station to get to work, but I moved recently and glad I did. On weekdays, I would prefer the 401 over the 404 because even though the stop was a 10 minute walk from my grandparents house where I lived, it would stop right outside the station entrance and if I missed the bus, there would be one about 8 minutes behind it instead of having to wait half an hour for the next 404 on any day. On Sundays, it wouldn't matter because if I missed either bus, I would have to wait half an hour.

The 401 should run at least every 15 minutes. Also, TransLink can take the stupid and unnecessary weekend schedule as a suppository. The 9-5 Monday to Friday work life is dying and people are working on the weekends and early mornings and nights. Not everyone works Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm!
     
     
  #18563  
Old Posted May 21, 2018, 11:55 PM
GlassCity's Avatar
GlassCity GlassCity is offline
Rational urbanist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Vancouver
Posts: 5,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cganuelas1995 View Post
I used to ride both the 404 and the 401 to the station to get to work, but I moved recently and glad I did. On weekdays, I would prefer the 401 over the 404 because even though the stop was a 10 minute walk from my grandparents house where I lived, it would stop right outside the station entrance and if I missed the bus, there would be one about 8 minutes behind it instead of having to wait half an hour for the next 404 on any day. On Sundays, it wouldn't matter because if I missed either bus, I would have to wait half an hour.

The 401 should run at least every 15 minutes. Also, TransLink can take the stupid and unnecessary weekend schedule as a suppository. The 9-5 Monday to Friday work life is dying and people are working on the weekends and early mornings and nights. Not everyone works Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm!
Choice between 404 and 401 eh? I used to do the same thing, back when I lived on 4 and Williams. And if your username refers to your birth year, there's actually a decent chance we know each other.
     
     
  #18564  
Old Posted May 22, 2018, 1:10 AM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Road Engineer Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Côté Ouest de la Rivière des Outaouais
Posts: 8,682
Ps: For the record, GlassCity and I know each other from high school too.
__________________
My Proposal of TCH Twinning in Northern Ontario
Disclaimer: Most of it is pure pie in the sky, so there's no need to be up in the arm about it.
     
     
  #18565  
Old Posted May 22, 2018, 4:41 AM
cganuelas1995 cganuelas1995 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Choice between 404 and 401 eh? I used to do the same thing, back when I lived on 4 and Williams. And if your username refers to your birth year, there's actually a decent chance we know each other.
Yeah I lived near 4 and Blundell. I grew up in Ladner, though, so I doubt we know each other.
     
     
  #18566  
Old Posted May 22, 2018, 7:50 PM
Migrant_Coconut's Avatar
Migrant_Coconut Migrant_Coconut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kitsilano/Fairview
Posts: 10,177
I thought April Fools Day was two months ago.

Quote:
Morgan Freeman to voice Vancouver's SkyTrain and bus announcements

The deep, soothing, and authoritative voice of Morgan Freeman will be incorporated into the public service announcements of Metro Vancouver’s public transit system over the coming two months.

Visa Canada and TransLink are working together as part of a new educational campaign to inform passengers that they can now use their credit card to access the transit network beginning today.

The campaign, supplementing TransLink’s ‘Avoid Card Clash’ campaign, will run from June 4 to July 29 onboard six buses and the public announcement speakers at select SkyTrain stations.
     
     
  #18567  
Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:41 PM
NewfBC NewfBC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
This is a VISA promotion. Morgan Freeman is the voice of VISA. Makes sense.

Ron.
     
     
  #18568  
Old Posted May 23, 2018, 5:17 AM
GlassCity's Avatar
GlassCity GlassCity is offline
Rational urbanist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Vancouver
Posts: 5,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cganuelas1995 View Post
Yeah I lived near 4 and Blundell. I grew up in Ladner, though, so I doubt we know each other.
Funny, now I live in Ladner
     
     
  #18569  
Old Posted May 23, 2018, 8:56 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
the headline is totally misleading, his voice is only going to be featured on 6 buses and select skytrain stations, the headline makes out that he will do all skytrain announcements.

either way it has people pissed off on facebook for wasting money, they probably only read the headline, I imagine translink is getting paid for it by visa and not paying morgan freeman, but people think translink is paying morgan freeman

__________________
belowitall
     
     
  #18570  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 12:14 AM
VancouverOfTheFuture's Avatar
VancouverOfTheFuture VancouverOfTheFuture is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
the headline is totally misleading, his voice is only going to be featured on 6 buses and select skytrain stations, the headline makes out that he will do all skytrain announcements.

either way it has people pissed off on facebook for wasting money, they probably only read the headline, I imagine translink is getting paid for it by visa and not paying morgan freeman, but people think translink is paying morgan freeman

studies have shown many many people only read headlines before deciding to get upset or not. also, many people think TransLink is a terrible company even though it is always one of the best in North America year over year.

the way media reports now, and the way people don't read anymore, and the way people get 🞵🞵🞵🞵-hurt over everything now is what leads to these things.
     
     
  #18571  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 1:13 AM
Mac Write Mac Write is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,423
Headlines are written to bait and switch to get people to read.
     
     
  #18572  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 2:19 AM
jollyburger jollyburger is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15,779
Saw some new stakes in the ground around Phibbs Exchange for an access road to the other cloverleaf. Maybe they're going to start the exchange upgrades soon?
     
     
  #18573  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 4:06 AM
madog222 madog222 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Waterfront SeaBus terminal getting $17M seismic, accessibility upgrades

Upgrades will include one replacement elevator and one new elevator, four replacement escalators and a new staircase, that will help improve the flow of foot traffic. The building will also be extended into the adjacent parking lot and have a new entrance and Compass vending machine for people who are entering the station from Helijet and the waterfront area.



http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/seabus-terminal-getting-17m-seismic-accessibility-upgrades
Getting started already! The parking lot on the east side of the terminal is fenced off and underground utilities have been marked on the pavement.
     
     
  #18574  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 4:18 AM
Meraki Meraki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
studies have shown many many people only read headlines before deciding to get upset or not. also, many people think TransLink is a terrible company even though it is always one of the best in North America year over year.

the way media reports now, and the way people don't read anymore, and the way people get 🞵🞵🞵🞵-hurt over everything now is what leads to these things.
CTV News' headline for the launch of tap to pay was "Card clash means transit users could be overcharged by TransLink's new 'Tap to Pay' option"
     
     
  #18575  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:00 AM
Dave2 Dave2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraki View Post
CTV News' headline for the launch of tap to pay was "Card clash means transit users could be overcharged by TransLink's new 'Tap to Pay' option"
Well, that's technically correct, if you tap your wallet. Translink really should launch a campaign warning about that.
     
     
  #18576  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:07 AM
VancouverOfTheFuture's Avatar
VancouverOfTheFuture VancouverOfTheFuture is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraki View Post
CTV News' headline for the launch of tap to pay was "Card clash means transit users could be overcharged by TransLink's new 'Tap to Pay' option"
of course it was. and that is why the local media is terrible and why a lot of media is terrible in general. click bait titles and a large misrepresentation for no reason. and also jumping on the "anti-TransLink" bandwagon as everyone around this city seems to do.
     
     
  #18577  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:29 PM
Spr0ckets Spr0ckets is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
This is a VISA promotion. Morgan Freeman is the voice of VISA. Makes sense.

Ron.

Yeeeeah......about that.......



Translink just can't catch a break, can they?
     
     
  #18578  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 7:28 PM
MIPS's Avatar
MIPS MIPS is offline
SkyTrain Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Write View Post
Headlines are written to bait and switch to get people to read.
"The Motorless Metro Americans Don't Want You to Know About"

"Tapping your card this way three times a day does something you won't believe."

"Bus Drivers are Powerless to Prevent This"

     
     
  #18579  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 7:48 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,110
I wonder if Morgan freeman's 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 harrasment news will affect this voice thing now.
__________________
belowitall
     
     
  #18580  
Old Posted May 24, 2018, 8:30 PM
flipper316 flipper316 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I wonder if Morgan freeman's 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 harrasment news will affect this voice thing now.
Talk about guilty until provent inncoent. Another Hollywood great bites the dust without just cause. Is this popular now smearing famous people's names and reps without proof?
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:15 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.