I'm not sure which I find more silly: complaining about tower's shadows in Manhattan or denying they actually exists?
Who denies shadows exists? Everyone in the real world knows that they do. But in regards to Central Park, and the fears of skyscraper shadows, NO, the park has not been cast into perpetual darkness
as many feared (or hoped) the skyscrapers being built around it would. It's the same Central Park everyone knows and loves, at least for those who like the park anyway.
I wonder why the designed this in a boxy shape? You would think they could have done anything with the top, but they left it flat. Strange.
$$$.
The original design was a very graceful building that elegantly curved to a pointed top with the cantilever integrated seamlessly. Then that got value engineered to basically the design we have today but with a spire. Then the spire got value engineered out and we're left with this boxy thing. A quality box, but still a box.