HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2881  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:53 AM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
"Slot homes" may be a thing of the past in Denver.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/06/denver-slot-home-crackdown/

I totally support this move - many of the examples given are indeed scars on the neighborhood and the lost density under the new rules is not all that substantial.

Highlands & Tennyson Street in particular got a lot of this stuff.
I'm happy, happy to agree.

For an even fuller/better depiction of the changes, Andrew Kenney/Denverite does a right fine job.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2882  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 3:59 AM
Fritzdude Fritzdude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,014
Speaking of the website cityscape, how come that place hasn’t been updated in a very long time? Who maintains that?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2883  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:17 PM
Cirrus's Avatar
Cirrus Cirrus is offline
cities|transit|croissants
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,718
[aw nevermind; everyone's moved on]

Last edited by Cirrus; May 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM. Reason: late to the party
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2884  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 5:07 PM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,811
99 South Broadway by Holland Partner Group:

238 apartment units, 13,200 square feet of retail:
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2885  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 5:31 PM
DenvertoLA DenvertoLA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 391
How does that 3 Story building have 200+ units ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2886  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 7:36 PM
mr1138 mr1138 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
How does that 3 Story building have 200+ units ?
Looks like a huge site. I'm guessing it's similar to the way containers of different heights can have the same volume.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2887  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 8:21 PM
Fritzdude Fritzdude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
99 South Broadway by Holland Partner Group:

238 apartment units, 13,200 square feet of retail:
Wow.. so I take it that Credit Union currently on site will be torn down soon. That'll really spruce up that area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2888  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 8:37 PM
daveed daveed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzdude View Post
Wow.. so I take it that Credit Union currently on site will be torn down soon. That'll really spruce up that area.
There is fencing up as of today when I drove by.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2889  
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 11:21 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
How does that 3 Story building have 200+ units ?

It's a huge site - check out the back side looking towards Broadway;

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7148361,...KIvfe0lexxysh3zyyDwlQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2890  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:16 AM
DenvertoLA DenvertoLA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 391
Got it. I though the project was only the street facing part that is in focus.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2891  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:44 AM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
It's a huge site - check out the back side looking towards Broadway;

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7148361,...KIvfe0lexxysh3zyyDwlQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Can I assume they'll be required to build around those nice trees?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2892  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 1:17 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Can I assume they'll be required to build around those nice trees?
You can assume, but you'd be wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2893  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:17 PM
SirLucasTheGreat SirLucasTheGreat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 782
Does anyone know when the new Target at 16th and California is set to open? They have had construction working on it for a little while.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2894  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:23 PM
PLANSIT's Avatar
PLANSIT PLANSIT is offline
ColoRADo
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Does anyone know when the new Target at 16th and California is set to open? They have had construction working on it for a little while.
July 22nd.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2895  
Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:45 PM
SirLucasTheGreat SirLucasTheGreat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
July 22nd.
Thanks! I guess I should've done an updated Google search on that seeing as that news came out yesterday. That place will slammed I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2896  
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 4:14 AM
BG918's Avatar
BG918 BG918 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
The Optiv sign is being installed on 1144 15th this weekend...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcYdUfhVMAEW6j7?format=jpg
It’s fully installed as of today, looks good! Anyone seen if it’s lit up at night?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2897  
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 5:10 PM
roshea999 roshea999 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
It’s fully installed as of today, looks good! Anyone seen if it’s lit up at night?
Haven't noticed it at night yet, but I'll check on that this weekend.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I dislike how so many buildings downtown have branding/signage on it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2898  
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 5:11 PM
roshea999 roshea999 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Does anyone know when the new Target at 16th and California is set to open? They have had construction working on it for a little while.
Looks like that building is also getting a Giordanos deep dish pizza joint. It's one of the larger Chicago deep dish chains (not my personal favorite, though). We'll see if it lasts.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2899  
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 5:42 PM
DenvertoLA DenvertoLA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Looks like that building is also getting a Giordanos deep dish pizza joint. It's one of the larger Chicago deep dish chains (not my personal favorite, though). We'll see if it lasts.
wait... WHAT?!!?! that's huuuuge! makes sense though. I moved from Chi to Denver as a kid, and so did around half of my neighbors
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2900  
Old Posted May 10, 2018, 9:01 PM
roshea999 roshea999 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
wait... WHAT?!!?! that's huuuuge! makes sense though. I moved from Chi to Denver as a kid, and so did around half of my neighbors
There's a lot of Chicago transplants here - myself included. Broomfield had a Rosati's that closed sometime in the last year. I would grab that from time to time. I work on Auraria Campus and live by the ballpark so Giordano's will be easy to grab on the way home every once in a while.

I've lurked on this board for ages, but between this and Denver Infill it's awesome seeing Denver folks that care about the urban experience, skyline, density, etc. Chicago will always be home, but Denver is very important to me. This board does an awesome job capturing and discussing what's going on in both places. And now that I'm in the final stages of buying a nice camera I'm hoping to contribute some photos here soon!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:48 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.