Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa
Yes, I agree Cyrville is overbuilt, I have said so earlier in this thread.
You don't need elevators, stairs and pedestrian overpasses for lightly-used stations in the middle of empty fields. Even a heavily used station like Bayview can function fairly well without elevators, stairs and pedestrian overpasses. I'm not even sure you need to grade separate little local streets such as Pleasant Park.
|
Cyrville never had an overpass. Just stairs on both side of the street (for each platform). And elevators are needed for accessibility, something Montreal epicly failed at, even when they built the blue line during the same era as Ottawa's Transitway.
Cyrville was probably the simplest station along the 80s and 90s Transitway because of the low ridership projections.
As a pilot project, Bayview was only given gentle slopes between the rail-line and the infill Transitway bus stop, which is understandable.
I think the stations were well-sized for what they were (for the most part).
It's funny how people complain that the Confederation Line stations, that are much more elaborate than the Transitway stations, are under-built, while calling the Trasitway Stations over-built.