[QUOTE=ConstructDTLA;8138721]Thanks for the suggestions guys, I took a ton of images. Unfortunately I won't be uploading them all until I'm back in LA in 8 days - driving back from here (via New Orleans, Austin, Phoenix).
From an outsiders point of view I'm blown away by urban Atlanta. Walking from the state capital to the northern tip of midtown is pretty spectacular. The sidewalks are clean, the streets are narrow, interesting architecture is varied and frequent, and perhaps most importantly the hobos are in lower numbers than I've ever seen in a big city.
It's head and shoulders above walkable Los Angeles, and hitting in the big leagues with the big 3 (NYC, Chi, SF). I'd place it in 3rd above SF at the moment, which has become a complete needle-ridden shithole these last 2 years.
1 big question. Why doesn't this incredible downtown have retail? Get Zara, Target, Uniqlo, all the usual suspects in here already.
I have never heard an outsider compliment Atlanta's urban landscape this much. You are definitely a great observer. Wait just a few years from now, and the urban landscape will be a lot better, and with much more planned retail.
I don't know if you got a chance to see Buckhead as well, that is where all shopping is pretty much concentrated in Atlanta. And great pictures btw