Quote:
Originally Posted by scootaround
^^^^ so much this, sometimes I have to question though whether people actually want a thriving city.
|
I'm born and raised but left when I was about 30 (13 years ago), so maybe take my comment with a grain of salt since I've been away for so long.
That's the attitude I always felt around Hamilton. People don't want bigger/better/nicer. Most seem to be happy with the status quo.
I have old school friends who complain about the run down areas and buildings that fall into a state of disrepair yet also complain when someone wants to do something about it.
"Someone needs to step in and save the Kresge building"
"A developer wants to buy the Kresge building, restore the facade and build a condo on top. Someone needs to stop this!"
I love the Hammer and always will, it's my home even though I probably won't ever live there again. I get frustrated when I see people so resistant to change when the change seems positive.