Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface
Look at how long stores Like Woolworth, and Woolco lasted in Canada After the US chains had defunct.
Woolworth, and there discount store Woolco. Could have probably continued if they where not sold to Walmart.
|
FAO Schwartz is making a comeback, they are planning on opening a lot of new stores, they have a deal to open in a number of Canadian Airports. But I thought Toys R Us bought out FAO schwartz, weird that the FAO is expanding while Toys R us is dying. Unless Toys R Us sold it soon after they bought it.
They have Woolworth in Australia and South Africa and other places, the ones in South Africa were really nice, much more upscale looking than the discount stores they used to be like in Canada. The food halls were really nice.
I wish Marks & Spencer were still in Canada, they had great snacks lol
Did they have Marks & Spencer in the Maritimes? I know we had them in BC.