I do believe that Loblaws only held a lease on the Newfoundland Drive property but did not own it and retained the lease until it expired allowing the owners to then seek new tennants. Same thing with the Ropewalk lane property. Loblaws only leased that property too until it expired.
They do however own the Churchill Sq property.
Shoppers built a new location on LeMarchant Rd which is only minutes drive from the Topsail Rd location, so why not build a new larger store where the customers are in a piece of property they own rather than pay rent in The Terrace in The Square? Of course, I’m only speculating here. Pure guessing. Either way, I hope something good happens with Churchill Square.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly
I wouldn't be so certain about that. Remember that Loblaws owned the property which is now the Newfoundland Drive Colemans. As well, Shoppers is building a new store on Freshwater Road; I'd be very surprised if they also build a new store literally 2 minutes away.
|