HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 7:19 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for something groundbreaking, but we have so few diagonal streets that it would be nice to have a flatiron-esque corner there.

With 4.84 acres, my best guess is the the project will include the whole triangle from Terrace/Lemon, straight south to Apache, and then over to Apache/Terrace.

I hope this isn't like past superblock developments like Nexa or Alta Midtown or that one thing on University and Dorsey on similar sized lots. When you have so many acres, you don't get enough of an activated ground floor and there's often a lot of surface parking.

The Collective looks freaking amazing tho.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 8:55 PM

The Grand...has a fancy new freeway monument sign up along the 202 and they have started construction on the first office "tower" fronting the 202

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 8:56 PM

Also construction has started on the second Freedom Financial building fronting the 101 202 interchange

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
The Grand...has a fancy new freeway monument sign up along the 202 and they have started construction on the first office "tower" fronting the 202
Just saw that too. The Grand makes me less miserable about the Cardinals Stadium not getting built there as planned.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 10:59 PM

Judge gives Tempe 'squatter' 30 days to vacate land he claims is his

Hopefully this is the end of this saga...curious to see what the city plans to do with lot and the adobe home

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...his/329784002/

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
Hopefully this is the end of this saga...curious to see what the city plans to do with lot and the adobe home

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...his/329784002/

"There's nothing I can do about it anymore."

That sure sounds like it, but naturally the lawyer is planning on appealing. Still, given the history of the case and the numerous failed appeals to date, I'd say the end is in sight. What's absurd is that the guy wasn't even living there anymore, he has a house somewhere else in Tempe.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutteringpunk View Post
"There's nothing I can do about it anymore."

That sure sounds like it, but naturally the lawyer is planning on appealing. Still, given the history of the case and the numerous failed appeals to date, I'd say the end is in sight. What's absurd is that the guy wasn't even living there anymore, he has a house somewhere else in Tempe.
He certainly didn’t do himself any favors by having his property be a junkyard. If it was more appealing he could win public support, but nobody wants to support an eyesore.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 3:55 AM

Another Tempe High Rise, the Collective

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Best part is that the corner of Mill and 7th will still be vacant. So we can see 3 towers potentially on 7th between Myrtle and Mill!

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 7:44 PM

The Local Apartments at the marquee intersection of University and Ash h/t Suntec Concrete

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:11 AM

More development coming along Rio Salado. This is in the north side, just west of the 101. Next to Streetlights.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:49 AM

Here's hoping that development on Rio gets built. It's a hassle driving there as it is, but I'd gladly take density over industrial sites in the hottest part of town. I also like the look of structures butted closely to the freeways.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 6:17 AM
High Voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutteringpunk View Post
Here's hoping that development on Rio gets built. It's a hassle driving there as it is, but I'd gladly take density over industrial sites in the hottest part of town. I also like the look of structures butted closely to the freeways.
Edit: nvm

Last edited by TAZ4ate0; Feb 16, 2018 at 3:47 PM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:54 PM

The fence that was previously just around The Collective site is now also around the Westin site next door. Given that the Westin site has that basketball court and things meant to be used in the planning stages, hopefully Westin is close to construction?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 6:17 PM

Notice the updated Grand siteplans and it looks like they are feeling bearish on the Tempe market. Originally they were going to have 5, 9 story midrises surrounding the water feature on the south side but now it's only 4. At least as I mentioned they've started to go vertical on the first 'tower' and garage.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Notice the updated Grand siteplans and it looks like they are feeling bearish on the Tempe market.
Highly doubt this.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Notice the updated Grand siteplans and it looks like they are feeling bearish on the Tempe market. Originally they were going to have 5, 9 story midrises surrounding the water feature on the south side but now it's only 4. At least as I mentioned they've started to go vertical on the first 'tower' and garage.
The siteplan looks the same on their website? What new one are you talking about?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 8:00 PM
Skyriser

deleted, thanks azsunsurfer. Misread the post.

Last edited by combusean; Feb 20, 2018 at 8:18 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 8:07 PM

It's not a height reduction...They removed an entire building in the revised site plan now only showing 4 buildings at 9 stories each as opposed to the approved site plan that showed 5 just north of the freeway. That's a reduction of about 600K plus sqft. of office space. That's a sizable reduction. The way they've reoriented the site plan now doesn't even allow them to add the fifth building anymore.

Last edited by azsunsurfer; Feb 20, 2018 at 8:19 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
It's not a height reduction...They removed an entire building in the revised site plan now only showing 4 buildings at 9 stories each as opposed to the approved site plan that showed 5 just north of the freeway. That's a reduction of about 600K plus sqft. of office space. That's a sizable reduction. The way they've reoriented the site plan now doesn't even allow them to add the fifth building anymore.
I see what your saying but that site plan has been amended for some time now well over a year and it looks more like the three buildings facing the 202 have been combined into just two with the two center building being wider, I don’t think the square foot loss is as big as you do.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest