I dont see how anyone can prefer the previous 22 Widmer design. The new design is a vast improvement. In fact, it could look a lot like Montreal's Rocabella condominiums provided they dont totally cheap out on the materials.
I also see zero architectural value in those townhomes.
Plans for a new new Central Library District in Ottawa, between Downtown and LeBreton Flats. One problem though; they didn't take into consideration the road re-alignments planned by the City.
I actually really like this design! To me, it has the perfect mix of different colors and building materials. I also really like the podium, makes it look like a mix of individual stores lining up the street (which then gives the street a "main street vibe"). Wayyyyyy better than those 5-6 story block podiums making it look like a huge parkade.
Yeah, I appreciate what they are doing with the podium but, I'm so so on the appearance and finishes. The tower could use use further refinement. There's way too much going on and it doesn't all compliment one another.
I actually really like this design! To me, it has the perfect mix of different colors and building materials. I also really like the podium, makes it look like a mix of individual stores lining up the street (which then gives the street a "main street vibe"). Wayyyyyy better than those 5-6 story block podiums making it look like a huge parkade.
The podium is the best part, it's great seeing all of this new interest in downtown Hamilton. Is there a trend with younger people up the mountain wanting live in a more urban area now?
It's a happening place these days. I was on Locke Street for my first time ever 2 weeks ago and it was so much like SE Division Street in Portland, Doughnut Shops Microbreweries and all.
Both of these are extremely ambitious in terms of their architecture. I would be surprised if the price per square foot in that are could actually implement these designs effectively.
I think Grimsby has something in the 15 floor range approved.
There's quite a bit of wealth in the Hamilton area. Besides, is it any more high end than Absolute in Mississauga? Maybe a little bit but they're not high end like The One.