Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion
Yeah actually servicing the huge portions of the lower mainland who still have no reliable transit access first would be nice.
A guy at my work is close to being fired because he lost access to his car (long story) and transit is so bad that he can't get to work on time reliably. He starts at 7am and works weekends.
I'd be in the same boat if I couldn't drive. My 15 minute commute would become 1 hour+ and impossible on weekends.
|
15min @ 50-60km/h (i.e. fast) is 12-15km.
It's pretty easy to do more than 20km/h on a bicycle;
15km @ 20km/h is always, always reliably 45min or less. (I averaged 28km/h on my commutes last year, and 15km would be 33min).
If I was having that issue for a job, then I'd be on a bicycle. — in the rain, but with fenders, a change of clothes, and some toiletries at the office/work and no one could even tell. Let them know that it's an option.