Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan
when it comes to swimming, i'd rank my water type preferences thusly:
1. freshwater
2. salt water
3. chlorinated pool water
|
I guess it's the same for me, the difference being that for me water type preference is WAAAAY down the list.
For example in my case in FL, if you swapped the two (i.e. I now have the ocean in my backyard and it's warm, while there's my swimming pool that's too cold for my tastes that's a 10+ minute drive away) then my preference gets totally swapped as well to the other water type, no question. Water type doesn't even enter the equation.
There's this crystal clear lake in the Canadian Shield north of St-Tite in Quebec (which my Anglo gf and I like to refer to as the city of Holy 🞵🞵🞵🞵 when speaking English) where my gf has a tradition of renting a cottage every summer for a week or weekend at least. Boats are of course forbidden on it, everyone who has the privilege to have a cottage there is respectful, and the water is perfectly transparent.
Super nice... except that now that getting used to Florida has made me a bit of a wuss for cold water swimming, I can't really get in. Even in August!
In FL though all the "lakes" I know look more like swamps than what I would consider an actual lake from my Canadian perspective (I'm guessing Midwesterners feel the same). You'd have to be nuts to want to swim in there, gators or not.