Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwlr
I'm surprised Brookfield hasn't tried to fill the former Holt Renfrew space with a grocery store... I could see a Loblaws drawing more traffic down in that end of Sparks, especially if they offer ready-made meals for the local businesses.
I've also wanted to see some sort of entertainment venue around there, or in the Place de Ville Podium, like The Rec Room or something like The Ballroom (or equally, Brooklyn Bowl).
|
I used to dream of an entertainment venue like The Rec Room or Dave & Busters in the CBD to attract people after hours and on weekends, but now I wonder if it would actually be successful. Perhaps if it was mixed use like the building opposite the Eaton Centre with the movie theatre, stores and restaurants.
A grocery store would be good for the old Holt Renfrew. Maybe it's taking long to find a tenant that's big enough to take the two floors. A chain restaurant like Moxie's could work.