HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6581  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:50 PM
Martinman Martinman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Regarding the Fuqua 1016 Monroe project, VHCA is pretty perturbed about it. So much so they are recommending redeveloping park tavern instead of the land directly across the beltline. I understand the concern of 700 additional cars (IMO this should be seen as a TOD worthy location considering the location and opportunity for redevelopment of the strip malls. But man VHCA a bunch of NIMBY’s:

11 story hotel (150 rooms)
351 residential units (with 30% affordable units)
1 story grocery store (20,000 sq ft)
Restaurant space (15,000 sq ft)
745 parking spaces

“ We believe that there are many opportunities near 10th and Monroe consistent with the vision of the BeltLine that can achieve many of the expressed goals and still respect the existing historic single family neighborhoods. The scope of such planning should logically include the city-owned land on which the Park Tavern is located, where there are a number of future options. Uses for that area should be explored during the comprehensive planning process that is needed for the 10th and Monroe area.”

https://vahi.org/wp-content/uploads/Letter-from-VHCA-to-Brian-McGowan.pdf

I'm not sure that I disagree with them in this case. I think it would be wise to do some comprehensive planning around that intersection before adding to the traffic cluster that already exists. And as we can already see, density is coming to the adjacent properties in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Are there any updated pics posted elsewhere? If not, could you post some? I'd really like to see how this has turned out.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=225938&page=9
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6582  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:15 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I'm not sure that I disagree with them in this case. I think it would be wise to do some comprehensive planning around that intersection before adding to the traffic cluster that already exists. And as we can already see, density is coming to the adjacent properties in the area.



http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=225938&page=9
What density coming to adjacent properties?? I don’t recall anything at 10th and Monroe. That and they’re literally recommending you build at nearly the exact same location across the beltline. Building at 1016 Monroe or Park Tavern would not make a significant difference.

I get that traveling southbound — on Monroe. That said, we shouldn’t refrain from building infill within walkable distance to transit stations and major job markets because it’ll screw someone’s travel time who lives outside the area. Living in Virginia Highland and commuting home along 10th Street the last 3 years I’ve hardly ever hit traffic even during rush hour. I’d welcome the new grocery and neighbors. Transit is also coming here from Lindbergh to downtown. That said, I don’t think 700 parking spaces is fitting even with underground parking I also welcome reconfiguration of the intersection, particularly extending 10th Street directly to Virginia Ave through he northeast corner of Grady High School.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6583  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:27 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
If I am not mistaken, 1016 Monroe is the only proposal between 725 Ponce and Piedmont along the BeltLine, essentially a 1.7 mile gap of development. Furthermore, there's a proposed reduction in development a mile away at the intersection of Piedmont and Monroe for the park expansion. The only true recent/under construction/proposed development northbound from 725 Ponce might be in Armour Yards.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6584  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 7:19 PM
MARTAisSmarta MARTAisSmarta is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
not a fan of that change.
This is from November. I'm not sure what is the latest statement on it whether it is apartments/condos.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6585  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:19 PM
jwbab jwbab is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 420
New 1105 West Peachtree rendering.



Courtesy of https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news...state-company-selig-enterprises-inc.html

Quote:
The company is developing several major projects including:

-The Works at Chattahoochee, an 80-acre adaptive reuse development in Atlanta’s Upper Westside.
-1105 West Peachtree, a mixed-use, high-rise development in Midtown.
-1125 Peachtree Street, a mixed-use, high-rise development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6586  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:34 PM
ATLmangum's Avatar
ATLmangum ATLmangum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 804
Are they ever going to modernize the Marriott on 14th? It’s hideous and so outdated, very mid 90s.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6587  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:35 PM
3yonce 3yonce is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 261
Does that mean that there are now plans for 1125 Peachtree to start moving forward? I haven't anything about that project since before the recession...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6588  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:49 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Does that mean that there are now plans for 1125 Peachtree to start moving forward? I haven't anything about that project since before the recession...
It is mentioned on their website. 1125 Peachtree Street- 300 apartments, 160 condos, and 75,000 SF of retail. This should crack 50 floors.

http://www.seligenterprises.com/about/history
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6589  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 2:10 PM
themaguffin themaguffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Are they ever going to modernize the Marriott on 14th? It’s hideous and so outdated, very mid 90s.
Hideous? Mundane maybe.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6590  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 2:17 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaguffin View Post
Hideous? Mundane maybe.
It would be mundane if it is located in the Perimeter. However, to be situated among some of the tallest and best buildings architecturally in all of the South, it is truly hideous.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6591  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 2:29 PM
themaguffin themaguffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,312
Um, ok, then.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6592  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 3:03 PM
Sura Sura is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: NoSoNo
Posts: 474
It is pretty bad. Hideous seems like an appropriate word for it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6593  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 3:38 PM
BunkyWay BunkyWay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 100
Hopefully Selig decides to move into 1105 W. Peachtree and re-develop its HQ building, 1100 Spring. That is far uglier than the 14th St. Marriott.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6594  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:07 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
1105 and 1125 will make a huge impact for this part of Midtown and I cannot wait for either to break ground. 14th to 10th still feels so uninviting in many areas. Meanwhile, 5th to Peachtree Place (and parts of 10th street) are really coming together as a neighborhood. Really looking forward to what Midtown grows into. I particularly hope to see more entertainment and better dining options come to Midtown as the neighborhood matures.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6595  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:43 PM
Pemgin Pemgin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 809
It's nice that 1105 W. Peachtree has a north-south orientation, like Icon and Post.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6596  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 6:04 PM
BlueSangha's Avatar
BlueSangha BlueSangha is offline
Topher’s 2 cents
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 944
Forgot about this project; looks like it’s ready to go.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/1/11/16877404/1781-peachtree-apartment-project

Anyone know where they are in the permitting process. And what’s up with the medical office going up Collier and Peachtree? I thought that was a go. Anyone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6597  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:06 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Forgot about this project; looks like it’s ready to go.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/1/11/16877404/1781-peachtree-apartment-project
.
What's the nearest intersection for the project? Google hasn't made it clear to me where this is located. I'm not a huge fan of this stretch of Peachtree, but I'm hoping Peachtree Creek to 85 will be a legitimate walkable neighborhood at some point in time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6598  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:16 PM
BlueSangha's Avatar
BlueSangha BlueSangha is offline
Topher’s 2 cents
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
What's the nearest intersection for the project? Google hasn't made it clear to me where this is located. I'm not a huge fan of this stretch of Peachtree, but I'm hoping Peachtree Creek to 85 will be a legitimate walkable neighborhood at some point in time.
It’s right across the street from the recently remodeled 1776 Peachtree St. I forgot the address. It’s also adjacent to that white building they gutted and redeveloped.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6599  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:26 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
What's the nearest intersection for the project? Google hasn't made it clear to me where this is located. I'm not a huge fan of this stretch of Peachtree, but I'm hoping Peachtree Creek to 85 will be a legitimate walkable neighborhood at some point in time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6600  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:51 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Thank you both! That's where I originally thought it was, then Google started crapping out on me and suggesting it was near Peachtree Valley. IDK what happened there. This will be a nice addition to the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:01 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.