Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg
There was a huge flood in the basement wrecking all the mechanical. Manitoba Housing has thrown in the towel. It's up for sale.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
It wasn't that long ago...I'm actually surprised that it was as far back as April 2015 according to the article that 1ajs posted. I thought it was more recent than that.
|
Thanks all. That makes sense - I only moved downtown in May 2015 so I likely just missed any activity at the building.
Very surprised they even had new show units made. That means it was getting ready for people to move in again.
Quote:
|
Can anyone provide an educated guess as to the building's prospects? Is there any chance that someone could buy it and renovate it? Or is demolition more likely given the building's age and problems?
|
Would love a new build there personally. Hopefully just as tall.
--
Sorry for derailing 300 Main conversation.