HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6561  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 10:29 AM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Colony Square Redevelopment - Midtown

Have they dialed back on the retail or is it my imagination?



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6562  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 1:42 PM
3yonce 3yonce is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Colony Square Redevelopment - Midtown

Have they dialed back on the retail or is it my imagination?
It seems fairly consistent with their previous set of plans and renderings. They've hidden the two towers at the foreground, which I'm sure will be getting a facelift at the ground level.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6563  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 1:45 PM
3yonce 3yonce is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I'd prefer Midtown DRC to reject/not support the project if it's a — proposal. We shall see what they bring to the table soon...
Here we go!

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/1/10/16863196/hotel-proposed-fox-theatre-courtyard-element-marriott

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6564  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:00 PM
ATLmangum's Avatar
ATLmangum ATLmangum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 804
Good infill, happy to see a parking lot go. Will hold judgement until final revisions are made. Hoping to see something that blends in better with the surrounding architecture. Tired of seeing lazy designs with hotels these days.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6565  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:02 PM
Verge Verge is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 861
The DRC has asked them to take another look at the facade-- this version is pretty disjointed and not particularly interesting. This architectural firm seems incapable of producing 'interest' (or maybe even competence)...
Pity those with units on the lower floors of the apartment building next door.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6566  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:05 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
The DRC has asked them to take another look at the facade-- this version is pretty disjointed and not particularly interesting. This architectural firm seems incapable of producing 'interest' (or maybe even competence)...
I have the email addresses for their executives if you would like to share your opinion....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6567  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:15 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,637
Cowtippers closing to make way for a high-rise multi-family development:

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2018/01/Cowtippers-Closing-Januray-28-Midtown-Atlanta.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6568  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 2:40 PM
tdawg's Avatar
tdawg tdawg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,986
Wow I can't believe that Cowtippers is still open. I worked at Einstein's one of my last years in Atlanta before moving to New York. I have such great memories of both places (and Joe's on Juniper).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6569  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:02 PM
NickH NickH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Wow I can't believe that Cowtippers is still open. I worked at Einstein's one of my last years in Atlanta before moving to New York. I have such great memories of both places (and Joe's on Juniper).
Einstein's is my favorite. I have never been to Cowtippers but sadly should try it out before it's too late!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6570  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:07 PM
Triptychtwo Triptychtwo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Cowtippers closing to make way for a high-rise multi-family development:

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2018/01/Cowtippers-Closing-Januray-28-Midtown-Atlanta.html
I'd assume this would mean Smithe's and around to the Goodwill (1593 Monroe) is on the way out as well as Selig owns that whole corner. The lot is too small for a small development, and there's no way a "high rise" will be put in there, but I'll take something like the Piedmont Sprouts development on that corner. I assume this is getting accelerated because of the fire damage at Ansley II.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6571  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:14 PM
megalopolis megalopolis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Colony Square Redevelopment - Midtown

Have they dialed back on the retail or is it my imagination?
Good find. Would you mind posting these on the Colony Square thread? Also, that 3:12 flyover video from the Colony Square website.

I know, I know. I need to learn to post images and videos myself. Ha.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6572  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:51 PM
joecool joecool is offline
Ahhh... Kelly Clarkson!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I have the email addresses for their executives if you would like to share your opinion....
Yes, please.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6573  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:57 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Good find. Would you mind posting these on the Colony Square thread? Also, that 3:12 flyover video from the Colony Square website.

I know, I know. I need to learn to post images and videos myself. Ha.
Yes Masta..anything else Masta? I am not clipping your toe nail again though - that was weird.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6574  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:03 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Good find. Would you mind posting these on the Colony Square thread? Also, that 3:12 flyover video from the Colony Square website.

I know, I know. I need to learn to post images and videos myself. Ha.
Ask and you shall receive - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=8042124&postcount=53
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6575  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:11 PM
megalopolis megalopolis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Haha. Thanks. I will gladly take that training class.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6576  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:16 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
1105 West Peachtree - Progress?

Midtown Alliance is showing 1105 West Peachtree as under construction. Also the square footage has increased from the original 645,000 sqft to 770,000 sqft and the condos are now apartments.

https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/docs/midtown-development-activity-maps.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6577  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:50 PM
Triptychtwo Triptychtwo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
1105 West Peachtree - Progress?

Midtown Alliance is showing 1105 West Peachtree as under construction. Also the square footage has increased from the original 645,000 sqft to 770,000 sqft and the condos are now apartments.
There was nobody on-site yesterday when I walked by so I can confirm nothing has started since demo. It's empty just like the Opus site. Nobody is ever there.

On the other hand, just anecdotally, it seems as though the Alexan side finally had a full crew working at 880 W. Peachtree.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6578  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:36 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
I'd assume this would mean Smithe's and around to the Goodwill (1593 Monroe) is on the way out as well as Selig owns that whole corner. The lot is too small for a small development, and there's no way a "high rise" will be put in there, but I'll take something like the Piedmont Sprouts development on that corner. I assume this is getting accelerated because of the fire damage at Ansley II.
Selig owns the lots to the northeast. Chances are we may see something quality proposed. My hope is the one story shops remain and anything from Smoothie King, UPS/strip mall, Cowtippers, and that surface parking lot get up to Atmosphere get redeveloped. Sans for the SFH stretch just north on Piedmont, in general redevelop mixed-use along Piedmont up to Lindbergh. With bus routes along Lindbergh and the future purple line, mixed use is appropriate for this stretch.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6579  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:37 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
1105 West Peachtree - Progress?

Midtown Alliance is showing 1105 West Peachtree as under construction. Also the square footage has increased from the original 645,000 sqft to 770,000 sqft and the condos are now apartments.
not a fan of that change.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6580  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 5:39 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
The DRC has asked them to take another look at the facade-- this version is pretty disjointed and not particularly interesting. This architectural firm seems incapable of producing 'interest' (or maybe even competence)...
Pity those with units on the lower floors of the apartment building next door.
The rendering is better than I expected, but I am glad they are asking them to revisit the facade. This location deserves something more significant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.