Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the Broadway Subway was always going to be phased.
|
It was mentioned briefly but in a very positive light in the 2012 study.
See the below image at page 170. As far as I know there wasn't really a definitive document that studied the trade-offs in detail of doing a phased approach rather than all at once (I really want to see it if I am wrong and it does exist). So long as there isn't it just seems like political games, similar to Surrey.
Even though they view it in a positive light they do say this in summary: "Phasing the RRT alternative increases the benefit:cost ratio over building the full route at once. Phasing construction to an interim terminus at Cambie results in the 99 B-Line being over capacity, while an interim terminus at Arbutus results in the 99 B-Line having sufficient capacity in the near to medium-term but capacity issues would emerge by 2041."
With the swiftness they are moving at with this project, they will be finished the line, then have 10 years to get the next phase in.