Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown
Salove has them as a tenant in the market: http://www.mscretail.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Bloomingdales_One-Sheet_sm-1.pdf
RFP is a strong word for that document and I'd be surprised to see this land anywhere as it's been circling for years and I just don't see a place for them to go. Fashion District is officially too down market. They'd never accept that kind of co-tenancy. Ditto for East Market which never had the contiguous sf to handle them in the first place. They'd either need to work with a developer of an as-yet unbuilt building to specifically design around them, such as 1301 Market (though fitting that much space for them would be tough on a small footprint) or probably be willing to do a smaller store. The lobby and adjacent floors at 123 South Broad would be spectacular for them architecturally, but again I don't know that there's anywhere in Center City with the kind of adjacent brands they want.
|
Yea its really a 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵, I know Macy's in Center City is their top performing store in the region, and one of the top in their portfolio, and is a big reason why they want to expand with a full line Bloomingdale's in Center City. As you correctly stated though, they are having a challenging time finding a site, with significant ground presence and the right mix of upscale co - tenancy in close proximity. Even the Broad and Spruce site, would be a retail island and quite isolated.
Its a roll of the dice with Fashion District Philadelphia IMO. I give it a 50:50 odds, PRIET signs them. I know PREIT and Macerich are working to model Fashion District Philadelphia as much as they can after Fashion Outlets Chicago. Part of the reason they changed the name from Fashion Outlets Philadelphia to Fashion District Philadelphia, was to sign some high mid market/ higher market retailers. If you look at Fashion Outlets Chicago, you will see some aspects of their tenancy are compelling.
The best bet from a new development standpoint would be the commercial building proposed at 13/Market. But I do not think incorporating a large retail tenant is a priority for this project. Although retail is a component. But I am not sure how much. And I have not read or heard of any updates on this building in quite a while.
https://philly.curbed.com/2016/12/20/14014322/1301-market-office-tower-renderings-philadelphia