HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #16321  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 2:51 PM
Nova08 Nova08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 518
With new large lease, Spark Therapeutics stays true to West Philly roots
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...ics-one-drexel-plaza-brandywine-cre.html

Behind a paywall, but essentially...

Quote:
The company took 107,669 square feet at 3001-3025 Market St., a building that Brandywine Realty Trust is redeveloping as part of its massive Schuylkill Yards development. The lease was signed Nov. 20 and will run for 15 years, according to documents Spark filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
So that's 107,000 sq ft. in this building
50,000 sq ft. in FMC
28,000+ sq ft. in 3737 Market

Interesting that they are not going for one continuous location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16322  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:09 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
Frankly, I thought 1487 could be quite frustrating with his contrarian perspectives (as did many on the forum I think) but he brought a lot to the forum as a whole. I trust Hammer's judgment but hope it wasn't due to some sort of vendetta. I did notice that over time Hammer started becoming increasingly annoyed at 1487's posts, sometimes even when they didn't appear overly egregious. Must have been a built up. Overall, just unfortunate since it appears to be a permanent ban rather than a temporary suspension. I'm assuming and hoping it was due to something that occurred in some sort of direct message since I saw nothing in the recent forum threads to merit a suspension or ban.
As one who regularly crossed words with 1487 and found much of what he/she said and how it was said to be extremely frustrating, I find my thinking at 50/50 over this action of banning him. In general having a variety of voices in the storm can be helpful, and his voice was usually one that didn't follow the crowd, but damn he could get tiring at times. You could almost count on his opinion causing a stir about every 2 or 3 weeks. I'll miss hearing his viewpoint, but won't miss the attempts at explanation.

Happy trails, 1487!

I'm still looking forward to seeing how the great debate over the equipment parked on the north side of Comcast's first set back will play out. Whatever 1487's view was on whether that's their long term home or not he was going to defend that view until the end. There was no reasoning with him that it would all work out in the end, either they would move or not, and the world would go on.

Uh, the good times----good bye.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16323  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:49 PM
ePlanningPhila ePlanningPhila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 100
I know I have seen it on this forum. Can someone repost the RFP that Macy's Inc is looking to open a full line Bloomingdale's in Center City. I never saved the document but was interested to see it again.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16324  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 4:27 PM
jjv007 jjv007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Some people were just jerks but 1487 was something of another sort that was incredibly frustrating but at times, I did find myself agreeing with him. Just a hypothetical type of back and forth I would have with 1487 that would drive me nuts:

Random poster:
Anyone know how thick the slab with be?
Me: I managed to talk to the chief engineer on site and he said the slab will be 8’ thick.
1487: Slabs generally aren’t that think so I think that‘s unlikely, it’s probably around 5’ thick.
Me: OK but in this case, I talked to the guy on site who actually designed it and he said it’s 8’ thick so it’s not really up for debate.
1487: You obviously don’t understand the economics of these things because an 8’ thick slab wouldn’t make any sense.
Me: Forget it.
Haha this sounds like it could have been a past conversation on the forum.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16325  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 4:36 PM
jjv007 jjv007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
1487 can never be wrong....at least that how things came across to the point of being very irritating to mildly irritating and not open minded to others opinions, etc. But, I really thought things had improved after his first ban or suspension as the communications at times were congenial. I guess the guy above Summersm, who I consider is the 1st line mod, had enough of his style of communication on this forum, and applied the 2nd ban. Maybe he will have a change of heart and lift the ban. And, maybe 1487 will change his style of communicating on this forum. You can be knowledgeable, but not confrontational or stubborn at the same time. Word to the wise.
I too had thought he had reeled it in a bit after the first three-day suspension. Prior to that initial ban, he had been flirting with danger quite precariously, but I hadn't thought he had reached those levels after coming back. I'm guessing maybe Hammer got upset at his quibblings on "The Nest on North Broad" thread and issued him a seven-day suspension, following which 1487 may have sent a comment via DM which resulted in the permanent ban. I hope that's not the case though, because I thought the convo on the aforementioned Nest thread was civil and generally on topic despite the back and forth.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16326  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:18 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by el don View Post
I would just like to add that even though he was unbearably confrontational, I too appreciated 1487's contrarian viewpoints. He always brought up the less popular side of the argument to EVERY single topic. His posts really showed the sharp contrast of the old school Philly attitude "that we can't have nice things because.." vs the other more aspirational posters who dream big without the constraints of any city government/institutional/social barrier. I hate the group think that arises when like minded individuals congregate together, and 1487 definitely made sure that didn't happen in this forum.

Pouring out a Bud Light for 1487. Dilly Dilly.
Yes. Contrarian views are welcome. Contrarian people...not as much. It's a shame he couldn't play better in the sandbox with others.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16327  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:22 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
With new large lease, Spark Therapeutics stays true to West Philly roots
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia...ics-one-drexel-plaza-brandywine-cre.html

Behind a paywall, but essentially...



So that's 107,000 sq ft. in this building
50,000 sq ft. in FMC
28,000+ sq ft. in 3737 Market

Interesting that they are not going for one continuous location.
Seems likely to me that they will consolidate in a Schuylkill Yards building once one that suits them is built. Although 15 years is a long time. They are probably locked in at FMC and 3737 Market and can think about moving as existing leases run.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16328  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:26 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
I have a feeling that what ever post he was banned for was removed.
I don't think his removal will be better for the forum.
I will miss him.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16329  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:31 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I have a feeling that what ever post he was banned for was removed.
I don't think his removal will be better for the forum.
I will miss him.
If I had to guess, you wont have to miss him that long. Be on the lookout for a new poster under the name "1488"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16330  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:36 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
If I had to guess, you wont have to miss him that long. Be on the lookout for a new poster under the name "1488"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16331  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 6:01 PM
McBane McBane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,709
1487 can be annoying but also had plenty of positive contributions. Let's not pile on someone who can't defend himself.

Good news about Spark. They're a growing company and had heard when they were looking for space that they were open to locations outside of the city. Although, given their lease terms, it doesn't appear that they're going to be a tenant that sparks construction of a new tower. Now if that's true, then the opposite can be inferred from Comcast's short lease at the big brown building, or whatever they're calling it these days.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16332  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 6:28 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Let's not pile on someone who can't defend himself.

Who's piling on? It seems that now that he's gone, people are really considering the positive aspects he did bring to the forum. It seems to be the opposite. He got way more grief when he was here to defend himself.
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16333  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 7:18 PM
El Duderino's Avatar
El Duderino El Duderino is offline
build awesome buildings
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 652
are others playing “it’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday” while reading this?

his perspective, no matter how grating it was presented at times, added a nice dimension to the discussion. i don’t know what happened behind closed doors, but i appreciate the fair moderation by hammer and summers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16334  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 7:45 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 2,114
This 1487 discussion for him is a little like being alive and witnessing your own funeral.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16335  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 9:39 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Who's piling on? It seems that now that he's gone, people are really considering the positive aspects he did bring to the forum. It seems to be the opposite. He got way more grief when he was here to defend himself.
Ya, just about every comment in the last day or so has pretty much said that 1487 was a complete 🞵🞵🞵, but that he brought a unique perspective to the table, one that was mostly appreciated. I think he was regularly challenged on these pages and rarely took the bait, he just kept telling all of us that only he new what was going on. He was consistent against the board.

If anything the choir seems to be asking when will 1487 2.0 appear. Personally, I'll take and enjoy the vacation.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16336  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 10:59 PM
thisisforreal's Avatar
thisisforreal thisisforreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 752
What happened to Cro Burnham? Self-imposed exile?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16337  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 11:14 PM
Busy Bee's Avatar
Busy Bee Busy Bee is offline
Closeted Normie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: on the artistic spectrum
Posts: 13,233
Isn't all this eulogizing just a little odd considering he could just register with a new handle and email and none of you would know the difference until you started being repulsed by the new guy?
__________________
The guy above me designs synthetic hairballs for ceramic cats

Sic semper tyrannis
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16338  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 11:41 PM
hammersklavier's Avatar
hammersklavier hammersklavier is offline
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The biggest city on earth. Literally
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Isn't all this eulogizing just a little odd considering he could just register with a new handle and email and none of you would know the difference until you started being repulsed by the new guy?
Fortunately, sockpuppetry is a bannable offense.
__________________
Urban Rambles | Hidden City

‘Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16339  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 2:11 AM
skyscraper skyscraper is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,374
Oh sorry, I didn't realize this was the 1487 memorial thread, I thought this was the Philly Highrise Thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16340  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 2:13 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Oh sorry, I didn't realize this was the 1487 memorial thread, I thought this was the Philly Highrise Thread.
It's a skyscraper thread. Go you!!!

But forreal tho let's move on.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.