HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #16301  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 7:59 PM
nimshady nimshady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 63
I was just looking on the map for Philadelphia and how come there is so much that is missing.

-As far as I know the tower by the Blue Horizon has broken ground and there isn't even a proposed marker.

-Chinatown tower is also under construction

-Nothing for view 2 by Temple and that is also under construction

-There's also nothing for the Riverwalk

-There is also nothing for the building being built for Penn medicine

That's what I could think of off the top of my head and I am curious why they haven't been updated
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16302  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 11:37 PM
Mr Saturn64's Avatar
Mr Saturn64 Mr Saturn64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Philly
Posts: 1,128
Holy 🞵🞵🞵🞵 is that a good pic...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16303  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:16 AM
jjv007 jjv007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 669
Awesome pic^^

Also, why is “1487” suspended again?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16304  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 2:45 AM
acenturi acenturi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Not my pic, but I couldn't stop myself from sharing!

[ximg]https://i.imgur.com/Dw8cJTX.jpg?1[/img]
If it wasn't for the Philly skyline, I'd say that was Pittsburgh in the late 1940s.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16305  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 3:29 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
Awesome pic^^

Also, why is “1487” suspended again?
God. Probably.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16306  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 3:33 PM
Philly Fan Philly Fan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
God. Probably.
Hey, dude, keep your religious beliefs to yourself.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16307  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 6:48 PM
Parkway's Avatar
Parkway Parkway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 900
The ban hammer has fallen once again.

Edit: It's actually been a while since a regular on this board was banned.
__________________
"It's like a giant ball of peanut butter with a stick of Dynamite in the middle."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16308  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 7:23 PM
Boku Boku is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 770
Lol, I wonder what he did now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16309  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 8:14 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Lol, I wonder what he did now.
Hard to imagine. What,with that sunny, non-confrontational disposition.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16310  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 10:22 PM
BenKatzPhillytoParis BenKatzPhillytoParis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 313
I would actually like to know. While our moderators' contributions make this forum excellent, and while I appreciate the need to have parameters on here, I think it's unfortunate 1487 was suspended (and now apparently banned). Even if he has different points of view and can sometimes be confrontational, he's far from the only one, and I find him to be one of the most informative voices on here. Without clarification and a reasonable basis for why this happened, it really appears arbitrary and heavy-handed, and significantly detracts from the quality of this forum. It would also be helpful to know—I think for everyone—what the specific process is for suspensions, being banned, and being re-admitted.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16311  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 12:39 AM
hammersklavier's Avatar
hammersklavier hammersklavier is offline
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The biggest city on earth. Literally
Posts: 5,630
It was a personal insult that got him.

Usually I just delete posts that are little more than personal insults because I know youse guys well enough. But when you're a troll who's always trying to push the limits of what the mods will tolerate ... the leash becomes quite short. I don't like bringing the banhammer down but he'd already had the 3-day suspension earlier this summer so that earned him a 7-day suspension (which is a final disciplinary warning that the nuclear option is in the cards).

There are ways to convert a suspension into a permaban. He then went and did one of those.
__________________
Urban Rambles | Hidden City

‘Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16312  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 12:42 AM
acenturi acenturi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 352
You all do realize that on many Forums, posting an open criticism of a moderator's decision will get YOU suspended/banned. For Hammer to publicly explain the rationale for the Ban is extremely Rare and goes to the quality of the Philly Forum.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16313  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:17 AM
el don el don is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
I would actually like to know. While our moderators' contributions make this forum excellent, and while I appreciate the need to have parameters on here, I think it's unfortunate 1487 was suspended (and now apparently banned). Even if he has different points of view and can sometimes be confrontational, he's far from the only one, and I find him to be one of the most informative voices on here. Without clarification and a reasonable basis for why this happened, it really appears arbitrary and heavy-handed, and significantly detracts from the quality of this forum. It would also be helpful to know—I think for everyone—what the specific process is for suspensions, being banned, and being re-admitted.
I would just like to add that even though he was unbearably confrontational, I too appreciated 1487's contrarian viewpoints. He always brought up the less popular side of the argument to EVERY single topic. His posts really showed the sharp contrast of the old school Philly attitude "that we can't have nice things because.." vs the other more aspirational posters who dream big without the constraints of any city government/institutional/social barrier. I hate the group think that arises when like minded individuals congregate together, and 1487 definitely made sure that didn't happen in this forum.

Pouring out a Bud Light for 1487. Dilly Dilly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16314  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:56 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by el don View Post
Pouring out a Bud Light for 1487. Dilly Dilly.
Philly Philly!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16315  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 4:46 AM
MikeNigh MikeNigh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 597
This Wendy's cheeseburger is for you 1487
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16316  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:32 AM
jjv007 jjv007 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 669
Frankly, I thought 1487 could be quite frustrating with his contrarian perspectives (as did many on the forum I think) but he brought a lot to the forum as a whole. I trust Hammer's judgment but hope it wasn't due to some sort of vendetta. I did notice that over time Hammer started becoming increasingly annoyed at 1487's posts, sometimes even when they didn't appear overly egregious. Must have been a built up. Overall, just unfortunate since it appears to be a permanent ban rather than a temporary suspension. I'm assuming and hoping it was due to something that occurred in some sort of direct message since I saw nothing in the recent forum threads to merit a suspension or ban.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16317  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 12:12 PM
thisisforreal's Avatar
thisisforreal thisisforreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 752
A moment of silence...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16318  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 12:27 PM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Posts: 2,907
Basically, agree with you guys -- I guess something was said via DM.

1487 always seemed like a guy that needed to have a few beers and chill out a bit, always on the edge. Very smart I thought, and well informed on issues, but damn--he had a lot of "know-it-all" about him. I'm guessing a lawyer, city gov't person...? Who knows. Catch ya on the other side, 1487.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16319  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 1:11 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,775
1487

Some people were just jerks but 1487 was something of another sort that was incredibly frustrating but at times, I did find myself agreeing with him. Just a hypothetical type of back and forth I would have with 1487 that would drive me nuts:

Random poster:
Anyone know how thick the slab with be?
Me: I managed to talk to the chief engineer on site and he said the slab will be 8’ thick.
1487: Slabs generally aren’t that think so I think that‘s unlikely, it’s probably around 5’ thick.
Me: OK but in this case, I talked to the guy on site who actually designed it and he said it’s 8’ thick so it’s not really up for debate.
1487: You obviously don’t understand the economics of these things because an 8’ thick slab wouldn’t make any sense.
Me: Forget it.
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16320  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 2:19 PM
iheartphilly's Avatar
iheartphilly iheartphilly is offline
Philly Rising Up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: motherEarth
Posts: 3,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
Basically, agree with you guys -- I guess something was said via DM.

1487 always seemed like a guy that needed to have a few beers and chill out a bit, always on the edge. Very smart I thought, and well informed on issues, but damn--he had a lot of "know-it-all" about him. I'm guessing a lawyer, city gov't person...? Who knows. Catch ya on the other side, 1487.
1487 can never be wrong....at least that how things came across to the point of being very irritating to mildly irritating and not open minded to others opinions, etc. But, I really thought things had improved after his first ban or suspension as the communications at times were congenial. I guess the guy above Summersm, who I consider is the 1st line mod, had enough of his style of communication on this forum, and applied the 2nd ban. Maybe he will have a change of heart and lift the ban. And, maybe 1487 will change his style of communicating on this forum. You can be knowledgeable, but not confrontational or stubborn at the same time. Word to the wise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:21 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.